Holidays 2015

Christmas Tree

Cheers, but I think it's probably beyond me , but who knows.

The beginner's end of the Michel Thomas stuff is good. I got a free CD of the first hour of the Spanish course from the front of the Guardian once - listened to it on a flight to Lanzarote and I was able to form full sentences by the end of the first listen. Never needed to speak a word of Spanish on the entire holiday, of course, but that's not the point. :lol:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The beginner's end of the Michel Thomas stuff is good. I got a free CD of the first hour of the Spanish course from the front of the Guardian once - listened to it on a flight to Lanzarote and I was able to form full sentences by the end of the first listen. Never needed to speak a word of Spanish on the entire holiday, of course, but that's not the point. :lol:

Can we get the English one for CT? :lol:

Tape: "Been."

CT: "Being."

Tape: "BEEN!!!!!!"

:lol:

Tape: "BEAN!!!!!!"
CT: "Well done tape!"
Tape: "I'm a tape, not a miracle worker!"

Coffee? Sort it out woman!Where you going?

Belfast. I've been awake for 24hrs man. If I have a drink now I'll fall asleep on the plane and end up back in Newcastle.

What an absolute ball ache trying to pick a hotel in Venice.

Wherever you stay everywhere is walkable.

Then you begrudge paying too much as you're hardly going to be in it.

So many well rated ones.

Doing my head in trying to choose.

Anyone any recent experiance of Cornwall in August?....Mrs PL's family are down there (Mevagissey) from the 9th this year and shes managed to get the same week off....my spidey sense says "it will be hideously busy with hoorays and other assorted in-bred upper/middle class fuckwits and their odious offspring"....could be wrong like ;)

Italian lessons going great. Now totally fluent in four sentences.

Es posseeblee perme

And

Non es perseeblee perme

Es perseeblee perlay

And

Non es perseeblee perlay

Obviously not too sure on spellings but that's how you say then.

Anyone any recent experiance of Cornwall in August?....Mrs PL's family are down there (Mevagissey) from the 9th this year and shes managed to get the same week off....my spidey sense says "it will be hideously busy with hoorays and other assorted in-bred upper/middle class fuckwits and their odious offspring"....could be wrong like ;)

You'll be lucky if there's such a thing as Cornwall after these storms. It's taking some battering.

You'll be lucky if there's such a thing as Cornwall after these storms. It's taking some battering

Aye, the coastal line at Dawlish which has taken on all comers for 150 odd years bit the dust yesterday :lol:

We got sent home early yesterday from the Isle of Portland....the causeway was closed all day due to the high tide, but there was a "window" at 3pm we had to take or Wed have been stuck in the prison all night . It's been fuckin biblical down here since Christmas. I blame the

gays me like. Or maybe the jet stream?...

Edited by PaddockLad

Italian lessons going great. Now totally fluent in four sentences.

Es posseeblee perme

And

Non es perseeblee perme

Es perseeblee perlay

And

Non es perseeblee perlay

Obviously not too sure on spellings but that's how you say then.

Quick!

Cancel Venice if you can, mate, found the perfect hol for you!

You'l be well looked after here, CT.

Please, no need for thanks.

:good:

Aye, the coastal line at Dawlish which has taken on all comers for 150 odd years bit the dust yesterday :lol:

We got sent home early yesterday from the Isle of Portland....the causeway was closed all day due to the high tide, but there was a "window" at 3pm we had to take or Wed have been stuck in the prison all night . It's been fuckin biblical down here since Christmas. I blame the

gays me like. Or maybe the jet stream?...

Is it Dawlish where the train line is now basically suspended in mid-air? I was watching video last night of St Ives looking like Venice. Must be horrendous down there.

"What an absolute ball ache trying to pick a hotel in Venice."

Not really - there's the Cipriani and the others..............

We're slumming it in the Gritti in March