Remy Cabella - signs from Montpellier

Monroe Transfer

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howay man, if he wasn't French would he be making the comparison? It's fairly irrelevant tbh.

I'm all ears if anyone can tell me the similarities other than 'French forward' :banana:

Well I suppose you do get a lot of inverted wingers mind but Ginola was a fairly big bloke too and a strong athlete. Cabella is a small fella and seems to be in the middle most of the time - although he's apparently two footed and he can basically play anywhere across the front.

So he's probably a more versatile player than both Hatem & Ginola.

From his YouTube stuff he appears to be comfortable on his left and his right, so that's going to confuse the fuck out of Pardew for a start. A Ben Arfa who can properly play on both sides for 12milllion?...sounds good.....

From his YouTube stuff he appears to be comfortable on his left and his right, so that's going to confuse the fuck out of Pardew for a start. A Ben Arfa who can properly play on both sides for 12milllion?...sounds good.....

I genuinely think they'll bin Pardew if he doesn't make it work. I know it'll balance out so that they make a profit but they seem to be actually investing in players. I can't imagine our lot being patient if we've spent £12m on one man if he Lamellas it.. Sink or swim time for the King.

Agreed, Tom. If - a big if - he's supported well in the window then he'll have no excuses going into the season.

He's got to be on thin ice. As much as I want Pardew out, if we have a solid start to the season then I'll just get on and enjoy it even if it's just delaying the inevitable sacking. Life is too short.

I genuinely think they'll bin Pardew if he doesn't make it work. I know it'll balance out so that they make a profit but they seem to be actually investing in players. I can't imagine our lot being patient if we've spent £12m on one man if he Lamellas it.. Sink or swim time for the King.

It just shows the folly in not sacking him in May though . There's a lot of clubs use a variation on the theme that Ashley has hit upon I.e. The players are bought in for the club by others, the coach has got to make it work, or he's out. What makes Ashley think Pardew will do better with half a dozen new players I haven't got a clue. Hoping to be proved wrong like....

Edited by PaddockLad

Bloody hope you're right.

It just shows the folly in not sacking him in May though . There's a lot of clubs use a variation on the theme that Ashley has hit upon I.e. The players are bought in for the club by others, the coach has got to make it work, or he's out. What makes Ashley think Pardew will do better with half a dozen new players I haven't got a clue. Hoping to be proved wrong like....

Pardew has had excuses - sometimes good ones - some down to the board but I think on balance for a lot of his tenure he's underperformed & he can rarely make the most of the players at his disposal. You can rectify that problem in two ways & changing the manager is probably the cheapest. One issue for me is - if he has an excuse he doesn't try to overcome the issue, he just takes it on the chin. 'Theys a better team than us/They've spent....'...BAM 0-4.

I'll be cheering us to win as per normal. I don't understand the creeps who do the opposite just to see the manager changed - as if they know the replacement is going to be better.

Aye I agree if we're sitting round mid table he's pretty safe in the job, but I do think they want him to improve players so they can turn a profit on them so if anything that might put his job in jeopardy. They must be worried about the teams performance mind as 12m is the most Ashley has spent on a player, hope the lad comes off.

I hate that 'we're the only one in for him so he cant be that good' argument mind, we've no idea there could have been other teams inquiring and being put off by the price, also Liverpool were the only side in for Suarez when he was at Ajax weren't they?