Remy Cabella - signs from Montpellier

Monroe Transfer

Aye, I remember twisting about having the likes of Shola and LuaLua as backup to Shearer and Bellers. Lua Lua would probably improve our first 11 now :glare: It's our striker situation that's pissing me off more than anything else. This Riviere bloke's record is hardly prolific, just being linked with him is annoying me. His record is worse than Gomis', who we were told we passed on to concentrate on priority targets.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signs so far tell me they'll bring in a couple of strikers - one 'marquee' signing so to speak. I wouldn't be surprised to see De Jong at centre forward either...

Signs so far tell me they'll bring in a couple of strikers - one 'marquee' signing so to speak. I wouldn't be surprised to see De Jong at centre forward either...

Any ideas who? Because unless we get Remy then I don't see any signs. Maybe I'll be surprised, or maybe we'll sign some uninspiring shitter. Given Ashley's record of not signing strikers and the premium attached to proven goalscorers, I'm going to stay on the pessimistic side of the fence for now.

What type of player is he?

He is a skillful, creative, two-footed, deep-lying forward/wide attacking midfielder who can take on players and works hard without the ball.

Aye, that sounds just like the mercurial, left winger who was guilty of never tracking back.

:CT:

I don't, providing we address all of the gaps in our squad. We won't though. Remember last summer when the window closed and we all went off it because we hadn't signed a striker? We're our best 3 players lighter than we were then. 4 if you consider that Ben Arfa was in the frame then. We've brought in two that look decent signings but honestly, I can't see being as good as what they're replacing. We're considerably worse off than we were at the end of the last transfer summer window when we were all seething. We've made some progress but nothing near what we need, and history teaches me to expect the worst from these cunts.

Of those best 3 players you speak of, at the end of the last transfer window one had played 25 minutes because he was in a huff we wouldn't sell him, one hadn't yet played for the club and the other had been so good up to that point that many were saying they'd rather have Simpson back.

I'm not suggesting that the three players in question weren't our best players and they aren't a big loss but in signing Cabella and De Jong we've tried to address the problem of Cabaye going (albeit not in a like for like way as far as I can tell), it's looking very probably that once Janmaat can take his medical we will have addressed the problem Debuchy going and assuming we do sign a striker or two we will have acted to replace Remy. Obviously can't know that these players are going to as well as those who have left but we've signed a dutch international who's the captain of Ajax, a member of the french world cup squad and it looks like we'll sign the dutch first choice fullback from the world cup. We're not talking about cheap knackers who we're taking a massive punt on making a massive step up from mikey mouse clubs/leagues/countries.

I'm not supporting Ashley and his mob here, I fucking hate them all and think they are only harming our club. But what they're bringing in now surely must make you think we can do better over the season than we did after Cabaye was sold. I look at a team with Cabella and De Jong and think we have the chance to see some decent football again. The best you can hope with Ashley is the matches are good and you can enjoy going/watching. Since Cabaye was sold I've not enjoyed a single one of our matches. All I am is hopeful that the these signings will go some way to changing that.

:lol: he hasn't even met pardew before that interview?

Hmm..wonder what Cabaye,Sissoko and Debuchy said about him.....?

"hes got great ideas when he gets the ball".....that'll make up for your lack of them then Alan...

Sick of folks on twitter saying they are glad we are finally spending big!

We've sold/lost 9 players in the last 12 months and made around £32mil

With Janmaat we've signed 5 for about £19mil.

So the squad is 4 players down and Ashley is £12mil up (+£55mil ish including profit from last season)

THANKS MIKE XX

Edited by TheRollingStones

Of those best 3 players you speak of, at the end of the last transfer window one had played 25 minutes because he was in a huff we wouldn't sell him, one hadn't yet played for the club and the other had been so good up to that point that many were saying they'd rather have Simpson back.

I'm not suggesting that the three players in question weren't our best players and they aren't a big loss but in signing Cabella and De Jong we've tried to address the problem of Cabaye going (albeit not in a like for like way as far as I can tell), it's looking very probably that once Janmaat can take his medical we will have addressed the problem Debuchy going and assuming we do sign a striker or two we will have acted to replace Remy. Obviously can't know that these players are going to as well as those who have left but we've signed a dutch international who's the captain of Ajax, a member of the french world cup squad and it looks like we'll sign the dutch first choice fullback from the world cup. We're not talking about cheap knackers who we're taking a massive punt on making a massive step up from mikey mouse clubs/leagues/countries.

I'm not supporting Ashley and his mob here, I fucking hate them all and think they are only harming our club. But what they're bringing in now surely must make you think we can do better over the season than we did after Cabaye was sold. I look at a team with Cabella and De Jong and think we have the chance to see some decent football again. The best you can hope with Ashley is the matches are good and you can enjoy going/watching. Since Cabaye was sold I've not enjoyed a single one of our matches. All I am is hopeful that the these signings will go some way to changing that.

The highlighted bit is my problem. I'm 95% sure we won't sign a proven goalscorer, which will hinder the effectiveness of the creative types we've bought. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I will be.

So the squad is 4 players down and Ashley is £12mil up (+£55mil ish including profit from last season)

THANKS MIKE XX

Then again. £18m in a fortnight is almost double Ashley's max net spend in any year since buying us and the biggest 14 day outlay in our history.

THANKS MIKE XX

True as that is, I couldn't give a fig about profit and loss if we're improving and challenging on the pitch. It's not that I want Ashley to bankrupt himself as he spends a fortune, it's just that we should improve and strive to achieve something

We sold Jenas the same week...

He said outlay ;)

Debuchy is sold as well, which I'm sure was accounted for when outlaying for Cabella.

We bought Nobby as well that week, so if we're talking net, according to .com 17m for owen, 9.5m Luque and 1.5m Nobby minus 9m Jenas is still 19m

Edited by ClubSpinDoctor