The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or he responded well to a good coach who knew how to utlise him

Perhaps, and I'm not against re-signing him on loan with an option to buy. I think spending c£13m on him in January would be foolhardy though.

He wasn't fit in two years. What makes you think the third year would have been any better? And guess what. He's currently injured!

Might be missing something, but he played three days ago against SVB Excelsior. He also scored twice in the previous two games.

Yes, he's injury prone but he's made 14 appearances so far this season.

Or he responded well to a good coach who knew how to utlise him

This is my thoughts.  I do think he looked better than what he was for that period as he was looking like one of the most dangerous wide players in the league at that time.  I don't think he's that but I do think he's a mid level premier league player.  Given the prices that are being quoted at the minute (Boro paying up to £10m for Bamford) I think if we paid about what we paid for him originally, I don't think it would be a risk at all.

Might be missing something, but he played three days ago against SVB Excelsior. He also scored twice in the previous two games.

Yes, he's injury prone but he's made 14 appearances so far this season.

I read before Christmas that he was out until February http://www.themag.co.uk/2016/12/psv-confirm-latest-injury-newcastles-siem-de-jong-newcastle-united/

Looks like he came back ahead of schedule.

Perhaps, and I'm not against re-signing him on loan with an option to buy. I think spending c£13m on him in January would be foolhardy though.

If he was available for that sort of money it would be daft not to get him imo. Would be a great boost in terms of promotion and you wouldn't be looking at an instant upgrade next season. It's fuck all in today's prices as David Kelly mentions. I also agree he had a purple patch here but I do think it was also partly down to working with Benitez and playing him to his strengths rather than just a freak run of form.

Sky Bet.

mccarthy.png

Posted yesterday lunchtime.

I think the point is that it's a bit naughty when Sky News reports on odds, to drum up betting through SkyBet, which will cause a change in the odds, which will be reported on by Sky News, which will drum up betting through SkyBet, which will cause a change in the odds, which will be reported on by Sky News, which will drum up betting through SkyBet, which will cause a change in the odds, which will be reported on by Sky News, which will drum up betting through SkyBet, which will cause a change in the odds, which will be reported on by Sky News, which will drum up betting through SkyBet, which will cause a change in the odds, which will be reported on by Sky News, which will drum up betting through SkyBet, which will cause a change in the odds, which will be reported on by Sky News, which will drum up betting through SkyBet, which will cause a change in the odds, which will be reported on by Sky News, which willdrum up betting through SkyBet, which will cause a change in the odds, which will be reported on by Sky News, which will drum up betting through SkyBet, which will cause a change in the odds, which will be reported on by Sky News, which will drum up betting through SkyBet, which will cause a change in the odds, which will be reported on by Sky News, which willdrum up betting through SkyBet, which will cause a change in the odds, which will be reported on by Sky News, which will drum up betting through SkyBet, which will cause a change in the odds, which will be reported on by Sky News, which will drum up betting through SkyBet, which will cause a change in the odds, which will be reported on by Sky News, which will

Edited by The Fish

Townsend would be mint for both now and promotion. If he's available again it's a no brainer for me.

Agreed, his 'one trick' is really hard to stop when he's on form and he can win games on his own from nothing. He worked hard when many put their heads in the ground towards the end of last season and as Alex says maybe Rafa really knew how to play him, Rafa definitely knows better than Alan Pardew.

I don't think he's any more streaky than most players, it's not like there are many players that are consistently devastating in games and those that are cost a fucking fortune, even then it's better to have a player that has a ceiling as high as his who might hit it irregularly than have a player as limited as Gouffran. Even when Townsend isn't on his game it's not like he's a complete fucking liability like Sissoko, he was trying just might not have had loads of impact. 

It would be mental if we didn't sign him if we had the chance to get him for 13m, look at some of the complete and utter shite that is being quoted at 15m ffs. McCarthy would be quality as well, he's a mid table PL midfielder and would be a significant upgrade on Colback and Hayden.

Edited by Howay

Why is McCarthy even available and/or interested?

He has only started 6 games this season, I'm not sure if he has been injured but he's not first choice. No clue if he'd have any interest coming to us just saw others mentioning him.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic