The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I always thought about Krul is that, especially for a Dutch keeper, his distribution is shite.

SMB will do a sex wee when he sees this btw

Fully agree on Krul's distribution. Really poor. Elliot was much better at that even in his early days.

The advantage with Krul was that he could be unbeatable on his day.

Edited by Rayvin

Fully agree on Krul's distribution. Really poor. Elliot was much better at that even in his early days.

The advantage with Krul was that he could be unbeatable on his day.

Aye and that day was at Tottenham.Liability before and after.I'd like to think the days of our keepers shitting their pants 3 yards out are over.

I wouldn't write off Krul, it'd be interesting to see how he gets on having chance to work properly with Simon Smith rather than the mess that is Andy Woodman.

I wouldn't write off Krul, it'd be interesting to see how he gets on having chance to work properly with Simon Smith rather than the mess that is Andy Woodman.

Was chatting with a Palace fan who agreed that, on reflection, the standard of 'keeping has plummeted since Woodman took over.

Leicester City striker and Premier League title winner Leonardo Ulloa has handed in a transfer request, with West Brom, Hull, Sunderland and Swansea interested in signing the 30-year-old.

Worth a bid?

I remember we brought in Harewood and Leon Best this window last time we were down. I see Ulloa doing a good job at this level, but I hear a couple of Spanish clubs are interested.

As for Krul, still reckon he's the best 'keeper on our books to be honest. Do take the point about distribution though. How has Darlow's distribution been this season? Haven't seen a lot of the matches.

Sooner we get rid of Sels the better, though. Elliot should be starting vs Oxford.

Yeah, we had Given and Harper, then when Given left Krul came through with Forster. And when Krul was out last season both Elliot and Darlow were superb. Thinking back to Srnicek and Hislop we were fairly well equipped then too.

Rafa will just have to swallow this one and get shot in the summer.

Edited by rogerbarton

If Elliott is fit and sharp enough then it's time he got his spot on the bench/cup team.

Agreed, I get that confidence is playing a part (to a degree I still don't think he's anything special) but we've got better and he doesn't look like he's going to emerge as some world beater so what's the point in carrying on playing him? Darlow is only 2 years older than him and is far better and Elliott has already shown he can cut it at the PL level.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic