The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure why the club are insisting on a loan with option to buy for Townsend. Barring a serious injury it's extremely unlikely we wouldn't take up the option to sign him in the summer.

Elliot being loaned out...? Not sure about that one...

Yeah, I'd rather Sels went out on loan and we rotated Elliot and Darlow (never thought I'd say that). The former needs confidence that he just won't get here and the latter needs coaxing back to fitness.

Tim Krul needs some coaching by someone that isn't a complete bull's knacker. Woodman Sr managed to drag every single keeper down to total incompetence whereas Simon Smith seems to be doing the opposite. Elliot improved last year, Darlow has come on giant strides this year and I'm sure (hoping) that Sels will eventually find his footing. Krul used to be quality, it doesn't just disappear.

:lol:

Which bits funny? Darlow and Elliott over the past 2 seasons have put Krul and Sels to shame. Woodman is the best U19 keeper in England and should be kept as 3rd choice to work through the ranks and become our number one in the next 5 years. We've been here before and got rid of Forster which in hindsight was a mistake

Could be a way to get Townsend in. I'm still not sure why Mbemba isn't getting a look in mind.

Apparently he's been class playing in midfield for Congo during the AFCON.

Agree about him not getting more game time mind, I think Clark has looked more accomplished than Lascelles so far this season.

Apparently he's been class playing in midfield for Congo during the AFCON.

Agree about him not getting more game time mind, I think Clark has looked more accomplished than Lascelles so far this season.

Worth a go over Colback then surely.

Yeah I don't mind Clark tbh, think he's a decent no-nonsense type of CB (questionable at PL level but maybe Rafa's coaching can help). Lascelles looks shaky and indecisive anytime the ball gets near our box, I just don't see what Mbemba has done that has him below even Hanley (maybe something in training? but surely we'd have heard). 

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic