The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that and didn't quite understand the reasoning behind it. It's not like we have shareholders to please so we want to massage the figures and it's not like we're in danger of failing the FFP requirements. If anything the club should be looking to get deals done before 1st July and so reducing the profit figure in an attempt to appease the fans. Unless he's looking to sell...

Think we bought Perez last June because profits were healthy enough to remain positive.

This year we've already spent £20m rather than recouping £20m so the accounts need to cater to that £40m turnaround without posting a loss so I can see some merit in that theory.

If we're actually delaying moves in the transfer market just so the club looks to be more profitable then it's absolute madness. Whether a deal is done this side of July or after it's still coming out of the agreed transfer budget for the window. To base your transfers around a set of statutory accounts that doesn't actually affect anything is nonsensical.

Signing a new player will have next to no impact on profit anyway, it's almost entirely balance sheet initially. So aye that's not right.

Well aye, that's why I didn't make it as an accountant.

Well aye, that's why I didn't make it as an accountant.

Equally they can agree a transfer without it hitting the accounts until whatever date they want

McClaren said on radio yesterday that he's excited and looking forward to the next 3 transfer windows.No quick fix for us then and it's looking like his £60m wor chest is for 3 transfer windows.

How'd you come to that conclusion?

Most managers and fans concentrate on one transfer window.A reported £60m is available for incoming players ( probably including wages ).Would it suprise you if £60m isn't spent in this transfer window.

Wow, there'sa whole heap of things happening in this post.

I agree with your first statement.

I too have read that figure bandied about.

I would not be surprised if we spend less than £60m.

So, that said, how do you come to the conclusion that the £60m figure that's being bandied about for this window is actually for the next three windows?

Equally they can agree a transfer without it hitting the accounts until whatever date they want

So the lack of transfers is deffo down to choice, rather than any temporary restrictions.

Shit.

Not really. I'd imagine that once an unbreakable contract is signed then it would have to be accounted for as a short-term liability. I'll let Gemmill decide where the corresponding double entry should go.

If the deal is legally binding, it would need to be recognised, yes. I can provide T Accounts if anyone needs me to step them through the transaction.

I no longer work as an accountant btw, this is strictly a hobby for me now.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic