The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

Weren't we guaranteed to sign Dost a couple Friday's back too? :lol:

The transfer policy is a shambles. If we genuinely wanted to sign players we would have by now but as usual it's a half arsed effort by the board yet again. Just look at Liverpool this summer they've went out and got who they want, no fannying on because they want to improve, unlike us.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye there's no excuse for why we haven't signed anyone, there's no World cup or European Championship (other than the U21 one) where the club can point to and say it's because our targets are busy (which is bullshit anyway as players sign for clubs all the time when they're on duty). As Gemmill said we were given a statement that said there would be a change to the clubs flawed transfer policy as it clearly wasn't working, here we are 2 days from July, the squad back preparing for the season and we've seen no movement other than a few rumoured bids which are at least 30% below the players worth according to their club.

We need a fair few players to get competitive again and dragging our heels simply means anyone that does come in has little time to adjust, we should have done most of our business by now to give the new players and new staff the most time possible to work together. It's now under 6 weeks until kickoff against Southampton and we're weaker than we were when we narrowly avoided relegation.

We're currently among the favourites for relegation and with the current squad you can easily understand why. When you're in as much need of new blood as we are then there is no excuse for not bringing players in by now. Chances are most if not all of the new arrivals will come from abroad so it would make sense to most people to not only get them in for the start of pre season but actually before that so they can get themselves and any family moved over and all settled so that they can concentrate on football. But as always our main consideration is clearly not football. Anyone who believed Ashley really does want their head examining.

This transfer stuff is all bollocks "we nearly considered trying to put a bid in for" insert player of choice. If the club had real intention we should have had Austin, Ings & others ready for Wednesdays first training session.

We currently have 24 senior players on the books (excluding the likes of Bigi and Shane), could it be that we're waiting to offload some of them before bringing in new players? Cisse and Tiote aside there's been little talk of outgoings.

We currently have 24 senior players on the books (excluding the likes of Bigi and Shane), could it be that we're waiting to offload some of them before bringing in new players? Cisse and Tiote aside there's been little talk of outgoings.

Crazy if true given the lack of quality and depth

McClaren must be delighted with things so far. Looks like we'll have 3 new signings in time for pre season. Shame none of them is a footballer but hey ho

Nah, I think they're two separate but linked processes.

I think we're looking to get the best deal possible on incomings and outgoings, and one doesn't really impact the other.

De Jong is like a new signing. Ditto Aarons. And Stevie Taylor. Who needs new players?

With the couple of Forest lads they're you go we're sorted what the fuck am i moaning about.

Nah, I think they're two separate but linked processes.

I think we're looking to get the best deal possible on incomings and outgoings, and one doesn't really impact the other.

Really? You don't think that if we can't get what we want for a player that doesn't impact on what we can spend on someone else? I also think they won't want to be paying wages for what they see as too big a squad (even if that squad is totally lacking in quality).

Really? You don't think that if we can't get what we want for a player that doesn't impact on what we can spend on someone else? I also think they won't want to be paying wages for what they see as too big a squad (even if that squad is totally lacking in quality).

If for example we sold Cisse for £10m, we're not suddenly going to pay over our valuation for Mitrovic. Similarly, if we get a great deal for Mitrovic and sign him for £4m, we'll not then go off and pay too much over our valuation for another player that we weren't planning to buy anyway.

If we sign Austin for the touted £14m, I don't think we'd go and sell to pay for it.

I honestly believe that if Charnley et al think that the deal is good, it will happen. In either direction.

But if we are looking to sell Cisse for example, and our asking price is £10m but we can only get £5m, do you not think that will reduce our budget for incoming players? I'm quite certain that what have to spend is partially dependant on what we can bring in.

I agree that we won't suddenly increase our value of a player we're trying to buy because we have a bit more money, they're obsessed with value for money. But having less clearly means spending less.

But if we are looking to sell Cisse for example, and our asking price is £10m but we can only get £5m, do you not think that will reduce our budget for incoming players? I'm quite certain that what have to spend is partially dependant on what we can bring in.

I agree that we won't suddenly increase our value of a player we're trying to buy because we have a bit more money, they're obsessed with value for money. But having less clearly means spending less.

I'm saying if we're looking to sell Cisse and our valuation is £10m and receive no bids at that valuation, we won't sell.

I'm saying if we're looking to sell Cisse and our valuation is £10m and receive no bids at that valuation, we won't sell.

I disagree tbh. I know they like to think of themselves as difficult sellers but that's when it's someone coming in for the likes of Carroll and Cabaye who they were happy to hang on to (mind you I think JFK fucked up somewhat with the Cabaye sale and paid the price with his job). I think they'll be more than happy to get Cisse off the payrol at this stage of his career and his fitness problems the last two seasons. I doubt we'll get £10m for Cisse.

Dear Lord :lol:

We get a new manager in a few weeks ago. Maybe they wanted to see his plans and if current targets suited him.

Let's take Austin. Had a great season, away with England, then stag do, then wedding and now Honeymoon.

Regardless of what we offer, his agent will have said fuck off and have a cracking time Chaz and we'll see what irons are in the fire when you get back.

He's not going to drop all and come running just because fellow relegation battlers Newcastle want him. Not much Charnley or anyone can do about that.

The good thing in our favour is we tend to pay up in cash rather than taking a player on the never, never.

Everybody whinges on about our transfer policy but we've got some very good players over the fabled line in recent years.

Most players will be returning from holiday this week and the transfer market will pick up.

Looking through the movers and shakers there's plenty of clubs who haven't signed anyone yet or who have just taken on a few frees.

3 in by Friday.

I think he genuinely believes this stuff and sees himself as the sensible voice of reason on here.

:lol: I really hope he is just fishing for bites mind, especially with that bit about Austin's agent.

:lol: I really hope he is just fishing for bites mind, especially with that bit about Austin's agent.

Not at all, the bit about Austin is not strange at all. Do you honestly think he or his agent are not going to bide their time after the season he's just had? Seriously?

Ridiculous to think otherwise.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic