The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lacazette is probably a show for the fans but I seriously hope we're looking at replacements for Dummet and Colback if we've got any aspirations of playing in this league next season.

Any bid for Lacazette now would be absolutely ridiculous and a complete waste of time. Keegan wouldn't be able to persuade him to come here in the state we're in now!

Money talks, but I don't think Charnley is fluent.

Money talks, but I don't think Charnley is fluent.

Not when you're a well regarded player like him and we're heading towards relegation. If we're even trying fo him, our lot are even more retarded than I thought. It's just a complete waste of time or a smokescreen to make it look like we have ambition but we're really just trying not to spend again.

Not when you're a well regarded player like him and we're heading towards relegation. If we're even trying fo him, our lot are even more retarded than I thought. It's just a complete waste of time or a smokescreen to make it look like we have ambition but we're really just trying not to spend again.

:dunno:

Sign him and we'll not be struggling against relegation, sell the club to him as a work in progress, press upon him the quality that exists in the squad, remind him of the transfers that players have enjoyed after playing for us.

/DevilsAdvocate

:dunno:

Sign him and we'll not be struggling against relegation, sell the club to him as a work in progress, press upon him the quality that exists in the squad, remind him of the transfers that players have enjoyed after playing for us.

/DevilsAdvocate

Do you ever remember player like him who is being linked with top clubs, ever signing for a club who are one of the favourites for relegation part way through the season? I could have bought into him signing in the summer but not now when we're clearly in the shit. And he's also well in with a shout of signing for someone who will pay him a lot more than us.

Do you ever remember player like him who is being linked with top clubs, ever signing for a club who are one of the favourites for relegation part way through the season? I could have bought into him signing in the summer but not now when we're clearly in the shit. And he's also well in with a shout of signing for someone who will pay him a lot more than us.

The biggest club he was linked to in the summer was Liverpool, wasn't it? I mean properly linked, not just the Man Utd & Arsenal links that appear for every player ever. (Apparently they're after Vardy and Troy Deeney respectively...)

I'm agreeing that it's highly unlikely, but it's not completely impossible. Short term deal with an option to extend if/when we survive, fatten out the contract with incentives for goals, appearances and league finish. It's doable, is all I'm saying.

Mind you, this link seems to have been publicised and then refuted by the Mirror, so it's likely to be nonsense.

The biggest club he was linked to in the summer was Liverpool, wasn't it? I mean properly linked, not just the Man Utd & Arsenal links that appear for every player ever. (Apparently they're after Vardy and Troy Deeney respectively...)

I'm agreeing that it's highly unlikely, but it's not completely impossible. Short term deal with an option to extend if/when we survive, fatten out the contract with incentives for goals, appearances and league finish. It's doable, is all I'm saying.

Mind you, this link seems to have been publicised and then refuted by the Mirror, so it's likely to be nonsense.

I think it's completely impossible. We have been after him for years and couldn't get him when we were in much stronger positions so we have no chance now. As I say, at best it's just time wasting if we are trying for him. In our position I'm not convinced he'd be the best bet to save us either. I know they're more short term options but I'd rather see us sign Remy on loan or Charlie Austin as I'd be more confident they'd be able to hit the ground running than another young lad coming from France.

I think it's completely impossible. We have been after him for years and couldn't get him when we were in much stronger positions so we have no chance now. As I say, at best it's just time wasting if we are trying for him. In our position I'm not convinced he'd be the best bet to save us either. I know they're more short term options but I'd rather see us sign Remy on loan or Charlie Austin as I'd be more confident they'd be able to hit the ground running than another young lad coming from France.

I don't disagree, but the opportunity should be pursued.

Also, I don't believe that we're unable to progress multiple bids, especially when the players we need are for different positions.

I don't disagree, but the opportunity should be pursued.

Also, I don't believe that we're unable to progress multiple bids, especially when the players we need are for different positions.

I don't believe we should be unable to progress multiple bids. I do believe Charnley and co are unable.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic