The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

Brad Jones isn't registered, also a Boro link...

He has been registered since the transfer window closed so I'm not sure he'd be able to play for us until January.

Woodman is 18 and has played first team football this year so may be worth a go.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure you're only allowed an emergency loan if all your senior registered keepers are injured. Woodman is registered

Is he? at his age you don't need to be registered, seems unlikely we'd use 4 slots on keepers

Possibly, though he was our third choice, we're down 3 keepers and can't even put one on the bench which might allow the emergency loan to happen

Is Woodman on a full professional contract, or has he simply signed a pre-contract? If it's the former we don't have a senior 'keeper and should be able to take advantage of the emergency loan market.

No idea who Brian Pinas was so I had a look on his Wikipedia and it said

"In 1996, when Pinas was playing for the reserves of Feyenoord, he was discovered by Newcastle United at a youth tournament in Groningen. In this short spell at Newcastle he never made a first team appearance for the team. Pinas eventually returned to Feyenoord because of the lack of playtime and the departure of his best friends at the team, Faustino Asprilla and Jon Dahl Tomasson.
On his arrival at Newcastle in 1998, Pinas was ridiculed by The Sun newspaper with regards to his surname's closeness to penis. The editorial joked that if Pinas was ever addressed by a referee, it would be the first time that a referee had been sent off for using foul language."

You're consistently making me feel old on here, I wish you'd relent.

Sorry :lol: It's probably odd to see someone my age on a football forum anyway so this (me making people on here feel old) must be a one off. And I just don't seem to know about players who never made an appearance for the Toon during the forgetful Dalglish-Gullit years, it's the good years, and unfortunately, the recent shitty years that I am fairly knowledge about.

Sorry :lol: It's probably odd to see someone my age on a football forum anyway so this (me making people on here feel old) must be a one off. And I just don't seem to know about players who never made an appearance for the Toon during the forgetful Dalglish-Gullit years, it's the good years, and unfortunately, the recent shitty years that I am fairly knowledge about.

you never had the pleasure of des hamilton then. tbf neither did we...

There's no Yewtreeless way of asking, so I'll just come out with it;

How old are you?

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic