The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like fuck is Lacazette going to come here. :lol: he'd have to be fucking mental.

We're supposed to spend another 50 million this window, right? I'll be amazed if we spend half that.

Deja Vu and I'm fucked if I'm falling for any of it - This will break Steve , like it has every other manager with the exception of Pardew.

We will buy fuck all other than some obscure french kid who had a good year a while ago and is now struggling at this current club.

I bet Charnley or whatever he's caleld, shit himsel when Lyon accepted the offer.

So Charnley is willing to pay on excess of £19m, breaking our transfer record to land a Frenchman who had a good year last year in a shit league (read that he went 22 consecutive games without scoring from open play in Ligue 1) while Charlie Austin, a player who will hit the ground running as he scored 18 goals in the worst team in the league last year, is there available for a fraction of that.

What a moron penfold is.

Edited by Haydnator

Well, the "recruitment" team are doing a great job. Here's a half decent player who fits all of Ashley's requirements for 5 fookin mil.

Marko Grujic - 5.1 mil - 4 years at Liverpool.

It's just occurred to me who Charnley gets his transfer blueprint from. 'Couldn't secure Austin, got Riviere instead'. CT, 'made lovely chilli con carne, couldn't get kidney beans, used tin of beans instead'.

Definitely the time to bringing in Swiss under 21 trialists

As long as he's not the only inbound striker, I'm not arsed.

Edited by The Fish

I like the idea of getting youngsters in, especially of this calibre. But its not going to help anyone when they come here and have their morale destroyed by the fans and club pitching them as an answer to any first team squad problems.

I think this is an issue with perez for example, yes he's a brilliant youngster but throwing him in as a key player when fighting relegation isn't going to help anyone. (I love Perez btw, but we'd be much better developing him if he didn't have so much expectation on him. I think this is where Steve is making his selections , trying to protect these guys (thauvin, iranu, and perez)

I'm more than disappointed, I thought that with all the 'behind the scenes' so-called activity, as soon as the window opened a new player would walk through the door with the stroke of a pen.

Looks like we're taking our time signing anyone. Nice to see we're still preoccupied with "value" despite our precarious league position. Just highlights to me that absolutely nothing has changed in the way the club is run, from transfer policy to attitude to the cups. If we go down this season it won't be a surprise.

Look who the Mackams have landed! -> Jan Kirchhoff... Have to admit to that rattling me. Exactly what we need and willing to go to a club in the wrong end of the table in the North East.

Exactly what we need is a centreback who has played 23 matches since 2013, none being this season?

or perhaps the 19 year old serbian midfielder who has already been loaned back to the serbian league.

Say what you like - he will make an immediate impact at the mackams. I'm the last man to be hyping up their players, but this lad isn't shite or unproven by any means. He's the captain of the under 21 Germany side isn't he? That's when I saw him a couple of years ago (I work with a German football nut)

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic