The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

I think they'll respond more positively to Pardew.

And I'll be surprised if Newcastlle Utd have Premiership status in 2015/16 unless Ashley really loosens the purse strings. So have a look at the playing squads that in are the Championship. All aredominated by Brits. Even QPR.

Dan Gosling, Paul Dummet, Mike Williamson, Steven Taylor, Shane.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we should buy British players now in anticipation of when we get relegated next season as they're more likely to help us back up. Jesus, how did it come to this?

No but yes. The crux of the issue is correcting the imbalance that exists in the playing squad. It isn't just going to disappear. It needs correcting.

Dan Gosling, Paul Dummet, Mike Williamson, Steven Taylor, Shane.

...Ferguson?

:lol: They are all shit. Although I'd keep Mike Williamson, he's a decent squad player.

English cloggers are what Pardew seems to manage best mind, like Perch, R. Taylor etc, he always seems to get a little more out of them than expected. Although that theory comes unstuck with players like Gosling, but I think he's just total dogshit and should be plying his trade at the bottom of the championship.

He can't hack coaching talented players, he's shown it time and time again throughout his career, like with Reo-Coker and Carlton Cole being played over Mascherano and Tevez, the regressions of players like Ben Arfa, Gouffran and Sissoko. So really what I'm saying is if we're stuck with Pardew maybe we are just better off getting players like Colback instead of Sissoko's, even though Sissoko has far more ability and potential Pardew is incapable of motivating/coaching it. What a fun few seasons we have ahead...

And you think the balance of the team is out due to race / nationality?

A balance between good homegrown players and foreign players, you politically correct ninny. :lol:

As it stands the homefrown players in the squad aren't up to it.

English cloggers are what Pardew seems to manage best mind, like Perch, R. Taylor etc, he always seems to get a little more out of them than expected. Although that theory comes unstuck with players like Gosling, but I think he's just total dogshit and should be plying his trade at the bottom of the championship.

He can't hack coaching talented players, he's shown it time and time again throughout his career, like with Reo-Coker and Carlton Cole being played over Mascherano and Tevez, the regressions of players like Ben Arfa, Gouffran and Sissoko. So really what I'm saying is if we're stuck with Pardew maybe we are just better off getting players like Colback instead of Sissoko's, even though Sissoko has far more ability and potential Pardew is incapable of motivating/coaching it. What a fun few seasons we have ahead...

Thankyou. Some sense in the madness.

so we should aim to sign shit british players because we have shit british manager?

jesus titty wept, i can't believe i'm reading this nonsense.

:lol: Well obviously I'd rather we replaced the shit English manager. I'd far rather us go round signing players like Cabaye, Debuchy and Sissoko. To be honest I just want rid of Pardew, I'm not bothered who we sign as long as he's manager tbh. I can just sort of see the argument for getting players like Colback in, as Pardew handles players like him better than the more cultured players we've been trying to sign, as well as the fact the squad is so pathetically thin. I just still don't understand our policies tbh, we aim to sign these lads who are very capable of playing good, attractive football and keep this lower division dinosaur of a manager.

Think it was Andrew who said it in another thread but missing out on signing Rudi Garcia was a fuck up, a manager like him could really bring the players we've aimed to sign together, at the moment under Pardew it's a waste of time buying these players especially as we now seem to be sticking with this tosser.

So we should buy British players now in anticipation of when we get relegated next season as they're more likely to help us back up. Jesus, how did it come to this?

Takes me back to the 'lets not qualify for Europe or we wont be able to finish in a European spot next season' logic :lol:

This whole needing a core of British players argument is complete crap in my opinion. We cannot afford, or attract, the decent English players that would actually improve the squad. And even if you bought the argument, the assumption that 5 talentless headless chicken running Englishmen would be perfectly complemented and balanced by 5 lazy but talented foreigners is just so naive.

:lol: Well obviously I'd rather we replaced the shit English manager. I'd far rather us go round signing players like Cabaye, Debuchy and Sissoko. To be honest I just want rid of Pardew, I'm not bothered who we sign as long as he's manager tbh. I can just sort of see the argument for getting players like Colback in, as Pardew handles players like him better than the more cultured players we've been trying to sign, as well as the fact the squad is so pathetically thin. I just still don't understand our policies tbh, we aim to sign these lads who are very capable of playing good, attractive football and keep this lower division dinosaur of a manager.

Think it was Andrew who said it in another thread but missing out on signing Rudi Garcia was a fuck up, a manager like him could really bring the players we've aimed to sign together, at the moment under Pardew it's a waste of time buying these players especially as we now seem to be sticking with this tosser.

Is it? Tell me what do you think would have happened had we had someone like Bent instead of Cisse during the second half of last season, or Noble instead of Cabaye during the first half of this?

What would have changed? we were safe from January in all reality, and it's not like Cisse scored many goals last season. We can keep buying players like that and having their performances decrease over time after an initial period of good play but it's not exactly sustainable is it? He'd get more out of lads like Colback, I'm not trying to completely ditch buying talented players, and if you are reading my posts as an attack on those type of players it's not. I can just see the point in bringing in types of players like Colback. He's a massive improvement on shite like Gosling, he'd play well under Pardew imo the same as Perch played at a good level. I want nothing more than to watch players like Cabaye, Debuchy, Sissoko etc playing for Newcastle and playing in a system that suits them but that's not happening under Pardew.

Eventually it does become a waste buying them under this bloke, as they're not appreciating in value or getting better, only really Cabaye has done that, Debuchy possibly but he seems to have more just maintained and proven that he can do it in a better league than improved much.

Edit: And in what way am I saying someone like Noble would be better then Cabaye? Cabaye is class, he's going to be a rarity under Pardew not the norm. He'd get more out of Noble then he gets out of Anita or Sissoko, again not because Noble is better then either but because Pardew cannot coach them and doesn't have good enough tactical knowledge to make use of Anita and Sissoko's talents.

Edited by Howay

What would have changed? we were safe from January in all reality, and it's not like Cisse scored many goals last season. We can keep buying players like that and having their performances decrease over time after an initial period of good play but it's not exactly sustainable is it? He'd get more out of lads like Colback, I'm not trying to completely ditch buying talented players, and if you are reading my posts as an attack on those type of players it's not. I can just see the point in bringing in types of players like Colback. He's a massive improvement on shite like Gosling, he'd play well under Pardew imo the same as Perch played at a good level. I want nothing more than to watch players like Cabaye, Debuchy, Sissoko etc playing for Newcastle and playing in a system that suits them but that's not happening under Pardew.

Eventually it does become a waste buying them under this bloke, as they're not appreciating in value or getting better, only really Cabaye has done that, Debuchy possibly but he seems to have more just maintained and proven that he can do it in a better league than improved much.

Edit: And in what way am I saying someone like Noble would be better then Cabaye? Cabaye is class, he's going to be a rarity under Pardew not the norm. He'd get more out of Noble then he gets out of Anita or Sissoko, again not because Noble is better then either but because Pardew cannot coach them and doesn't have good enough tactical knowledge to make use of Anita and Sissoko's talents.

Okay. So by that logic, if we had the chance to sign Ronaldo and Messi tomorrow, you'd turn it down right? :lol:

Cisse's individual efforts during games like the ones against Fulham and Stoke kept us up last season. This season we wouldnt have been safe in January ffs had we had Colback and Sidwell instead of Cabaye and Sissoko. We'd be right in the shit. I dont disagree with anything you say about Pardew being a shit coach and not being able to get the best out of his players. Everyone knows that. But it does not mean you start going for mediocre players. Its not as simple as that. I'd rather have good players that are badly coached than average players that are badly coached. The Messi Ronaldo example is extreme of course but may help get my point across.

:lol: Aye that's exactly what I'm saying.

We had 33 points when we played Cardiff at the beginning of January and more by the end of January, Norwich had 33 so we'd have been safe with our points tally by January. I've already said Cabaye is a separate point, if we could bring in lads like Cabaye and Debuchy who are basically finished products then of course they'd work well. I'm just meaning that these developmental players we look at are pointless, as Pardew can't develop them. Sissoko is clearly a talent, we've seen it on numerous occasions but he's not kicking on because Pardew is playing him on the wing and dicking him about. I get your point about rather have good players who are badly coached, but the problem is you get bad situations that develop like we're seeing now with Debuchy having a bit moan about Pardew and players looking despondent and frustrated and playing far below their level. My point is a bit unclear and I apologise because I don't know the solution, I'm not some nationalist nutjob who wants English players over these bloody foreigners I just feel they suit Pardew more and he is able to better work with them.

On the balance of the 2nd half of the season it's fair to say we're a risk for relegation, I don't think having a Colback is a bad thing at all, the lad is a decent midfielder. I know he's not what we all want to watch but I just think Pardew will get more out of him then he's capable of getting out of an Anita, Anita may have more ability and a brighter future in the game but Pardew can't do much with it.

Of course I'd rather watch lads like Sissoko and Anita, but the thing is we're not getting the performances out of them often enough. The blame predominantly lies with Pardew and I'm just meaning these more developmental sort of players are pointless to bring in under this nob. If we can get a Cabaye or a Debuchy, then bring him in for sure I love watching those lads play, but unfortunately we can't develop players and it's a waste of time for them and us to bring them to the club. We're better off buying average premier league players than buying those developing players.

Mbiwa, Sissoko, Anita arent exactly 'developing' players. They are title winning, full internationals in their mid twenties. You keep saying Pardew will have a better effect on someone like Colback. Even if we assume thats correct, the question here is what is the end product the team gets? Is a highly motivated Colback or Sidwell going to be more use than an underutilised Sissoko on the right wing? Will they be able to make the same runs, provide the same energy, create the same number of chances he has? I dont think so.

I still cant believe we're having this discussion btw. Its all so hypothetical and simplistic. And has the culture of mediocrity set down by Ashley and adopted by his manager finally started to filter its way down to the fans? :panic:

I guess they're not, but they need help and coaching to get comfortable in this league which Pardew and his staff haven't really provided. Maybe they wouldn't be as effective as Sissoko at his best no, but they'd possiblly keep a more consistent standard due to comfort in the league and Pardew being more receptive to them. You're right though it's all hypothetical tbh, I'm more worried about the links with players like Perez really as I really have zero confidence in Pardew bringing through a 20 year old Spanish lad.

Agreed on the discussion and that's my bad for starting it, I'm just so disillusioned by Pardew tbh. I just was on a bit of a thought process that perhaps if we aimed to buy more players that would suit Pardews 'style' (whatever that is) we could be more effective then we were in the 2nd half of last season. I'm probably wrong but I just worry that buying these talented 'on the deck' lads is a bit of a waste as they clearly don't suit his style or seem to like him much (a leap I know but just going off Debuchy's supposed comments and some of their body language), and perhaps it would be better bringing in the type of player Pardew is more used too. I think I'm just bored with us at the moment tbh Aimaad, I used to like the quiet style we went about business but it's just boring nowadays, especially as we fear a lack of signings thanks the the previous 3 windows.

:lol: can't believe that exchange with Ken went so far without someone calling him out on blatant xenophobia. If all foreigners had hearts like peas, England would win every International tournament. Complete bollocks, man.

Piss off you little leftie loon. :lol:

Why buy Frenchies who don't understand Pardew? And why carry on when the British players in the squad are absolute rubbish. Do you see where this heading for the club? It is a combination of the two, they need to be complimented. Stick the xenophobia argument up your arse man.Pardew is the manager, so stick to what has been the lesser of the evils in his career.

The club is a privatised entity. We've seen how effective supporters are at voicing their displeasure. I don't think Ashley would have been shaking in his boots. Rather I think he would have had a cheeky grin. Getting rid of Pardew is not a possibility in the short to mid term. It just won't happen. Of course you'd know this more than most. And even if he does get the punt (possibly after relegation) who will he bring in? Another backward Brit. Let the good times roll.

:lol: can't believe that exchange with Ken went so far without someone calling him out on blatant xenophobia. If all foreigners had hearts like peas, England would win every International tournament. Complete bollocks, man.

Aye, and even if you believe that motivation levels have something to do with nationality, which is quite insane, there's absolutely no reason we'd still be more successful going for British players as Ive tried to highlight above.

Its complete and utter nonsense whichever way you look at it.

Aye, and even if you believe that motivation levels have something to do with nationality, which is quite insane, there's absolutely no reason we'd still be more successful going for British players as Ive tried to highlight above.

Its complete and utter nonsense whichever way you look at it.

Motivation levels from the manager towards the players. Look by the sounds of things you are a young'n. You've been brought up playing Championship Manager and think bringing in the best talent equates to how well the team performs. Sorry to say that that isn't always the case. You'll experience it next season the hard way, and years thereafter.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic