The OFFICIAL Transfer Rumours Thread

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashley will be telling Charnley to monitor this situation I am sure.

Shakhtar’s Romanian coach Mircea Lucescu has blamed British-based agent Kia Joorabchian for persuading the players not to return to Ukraine.

“It is necessary to explain what happened,” he said on Shakhtar’s website. “It is not the players’ desire, it’s their agents’ work. A few hours before the kickoff of the match against Lyonnais, Kia showed up. And after the game, at two in the morning, he took our players away. The very talented ones: Teixeira, Douglas, Fred. The rest are not so important.

“He wanted to do the same to Adriano, Ilsinho, Marlos and Taison. But they refused. His goal is to make the players free agents, just to make money. This is wrong. This is his alibi. He wants to make use of the situation in the country and get the players for free. But they have contracts. Ferreyra has another agent. But he also expects to capitalise on the situation.”

Yup. We still have weaknesses at CB but a top class striker is the signing we have been looking for all summer. I just don't know if we'll spend the money that we need to.

Not signing a CB will be such a dampener on the upcoming season. Whats the point of the likes of Cabella upfront when you've got Williamson and bloody Taylor at the back?

We've made a couple of okay signings but I honestly think we're going to be absolute garbage next year. If SDJ and RC/Sissoko are playing number 10 and a wide roles respectively, in the middle we've got Tiote/Anita/Colback - what can any of them do aside from tidy short sideways passes? No goal threat or great range of passing. Sissoko isn't a natural winger and RC isn't left footed so we're going to have a narrowness/awkwardness there. Our central defence is a huge cause for worry and our striker situation is only fractionally better than it was at the end of last season. And Pardew hasn't exactly used the 'number 10' role to great effect in the past either.

We've made a couple of okay signings but I honestly think we're going to be absolute garbage next year. If SDJ and RC/Sissoko are playing number 10 and a wide roles respectively, in the middle we've got Tiote/Anita/Colback - what can any of them do aside from tidy short sideways passes? No goal threat or great range of passing. Sissoko isn't a natural winger and RC isn't left footed so we're going to have a narrowness/awkwardness there. Our central defence is a huge cause for worry and our striker situation is only fractionally better than it was at the end of last season. And Pardew hasn't exactly used the 'number 10' role to great effect in the past either.

Really? That doesn't suit your rhetoric at all! ;)

it's the basis of an alright match day squad with a couple of holes in the first team that need to be filled. i'd rather sissoko was alongside tiote in centre mid with a fit and motivated ben arfa taking up one of the three positions behind the striker but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

-------------------krul

---janmaat - colo ---??? ---- santon

----------tiote --------colback

----sissoko ------de jong ------ cabella

---------------????

subs from

riviere

cisse

perez

anita

williamson

mbiwa

taylor

haidara

sammy ameobi

gouffran

on the way out?

ben arfa

oberpants

I know he quite likes 4231 but he could also revert to 433 with.....

Krul

Janmaat. Williamson Coloccini. Taylor ®

Tiote De Jong Gouffran

Sisokko Riviere Cabella

I think he prefers Williamson and would love Taylor's set pieces depending if he's up to speed.

We need two more senior strikers for me. I almost feel like we're going to be forced into a 1 striker/number 10 formation because we're too tight to sign what we need.

With SDJ and Cabella that formation suits the players we have. Personally I'd rather see that than Pardew try to force a 4-4-2 when we clearly don't have the players for it.

That said, I'm not convinced (purely from his record in France) that Reviere is going to score enough goals for us to keep us in the top half let alone actually try and progress from last season. I do expect more goals from further back, SDJ and Cabella should be much more likely to score but that's not really enough to compensate for not having a striker capable of scoring the goals that Ba/Remy can.

Talk in one of the papers this moring is that we will look to bring in Campbell on loan from Arsenal since we can't find a good deal on the likes of Lacazette. While Campbell could be a useful addition, he's unproven in a decent league and if he was a success we wouldn't get to keep him. To me it would be yet more penny pinching and proof that Ashley will only ever sanction spending the money we get from selling players. Hopefully Celtic sell Forster if claims of a 25% sell on clause are correct. That might actually allow us to buy someone else.

I know he quite likes 4231 but he could also revert to 433 with.....

Krul

Janmaat. Williamson Coloccini. Taylor ®

Tiote De Jong Gouffran

Sisokko Riviere Cabella

I think he prefers Williamson and would love Taylor's set pieces depending if he's up to speed.

You've got a championship rightback/right mid at left back, a striker and a number 10 as centre mid, and a centre mid as a right attacker. I can only assume you're on the wind up with that team CT.

• Guest locked, unlocked and locked this topic