Lads, how come CARR is escaping the flak and Pardew is......

accadacca

copping the lot ????

I do not like Pardew one iota - his behaviour in games v mackems, Man City, Hull etc has been shameful and discredits the club, but howay, he has these second rate foreigners foisted on him by FMA's blue eyed boy, and cops ALL the flak. Its NOT right.

Colback was the only one reasonably well known, and everyone knew how ordinary he is - England call up ? What a joke.

Janmatt looked ok in the WC, but he was rank at Soton - his terrible non challenge for the 4th goal was pathetic. He pushes way too far up leaving the left side vulnerable to the counter and having seen his first 4 games, he is nowhere near Debuchy's quality.

As for Cabella, Riviere and Perez, I fear the worst in that they will never make the PL grade - yes, ok, its only 4 games gone, but ffs, they should have shown at least something.

De Jong's miserable injury record continues, whilst Ferrerya is also on the injury list having shown very little too. Hardly prolific in Ukraine - a league as crap as the SPL, is he really going to offer anything ???

Failure to beat Hull next week will have the alarm bells ringing, but with strikers who cant score, a leaky defence and a midfield packed with plodders, it doesnt look good, but to make Pardew the only culprit, is a joke.

Lets not forget MBiwa was another Carr recommendation, and he was patently not good enough, but to let him go to get his wages off the books whilst not signing a replacement is folly of the highest order.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you know who Carr identified though? We know he has recently identified players like Bony and aubemeyang to buy and the club didn't bother, he probably has lists of targets but it doesnt mean the club will bother with them.

Edit: I'm also unconvinced how much Carr had to do with Ferreyra, I saw that as Ashley etc capitalizing on the opportunity of Ferreyra refusing to go back to Donestk as a way of bringing in a striker.

Edited by Howay

No point buying good players for a shit manager. The players signed are of international quality, hence them playing for national teams and doing well when they do. It's no coincidence why a team in th champions league wants Mbiwa, a former Ligue 1 winner and former France CB, all before the toothy gobshite got his terrifyingly bad coaching mitts onto him.

If our board had pulled their fingers out we'd have bony and remy starting up front this season. Not the scouts fault he picks out players who turn out to be missed because we don't pay the going rate.

At the end of the day Pardew said we had a full roster we didn't need anybody else. Now that it's backfiring he's looking to blame anybody but himself. I wouldn't be surprised if he's asked to comment on the Carver incident and says Carver's a disgrace to the club (he is ). Even though he was defending Pardew.

copping the lot ????

I do not like Pardew one iota - his behaviour in games v mackems, Man City, Hull etc has been shameful and discredits the club, but howay, he has these second rate foreigners foisted on him by FMA's blue eyed boy, and cops ALL the flak. Its NOT right.

Colback was the only one reasonably well known, and everyone knew how ordinary he is - England call up ? What a joke.

Janmatt looked ok in the WC, but he was rank at Soton - his terrible non challenge for the 4th goal was pathetic. He pushes way too far up leaving the left side vulnerable to the counter and having seen his first 4 games, he is nowhere near Debuchy's quality.

As for Cabella, Riviere and Perez, I fear the worst in that they will never make the PL grade - yes, ok, its only 4 games gone, but ffs, they should have shown at least something.

De Jong's miserable injury record continues, whilst Ferrerya is also on the injury list having shown very little too. Hardly prolific in Ukraine - a league as crap as the SPL, is he really going to offer anything ???

Failure to beat Hull next week will have the alarm bells ringing, but with strikers who cant score, a leaky defence and a midfield packed with plodders, it doesnt look good, but to make Pardew the only culprit, is a joke.

Lets not forget MBiwa was another Carr recommendation, and he was patently not good enough, but to let him go to get his wages off the books whilst not signing a replacement is folly of the highest order.

Because Carr's remit is to find players who have a resale value, Pardew's task is to achieve Premier League survival with those players.

Currently one of those men looks like he's failed in his job, and it's that man who should cop the flak.

same argument as I have with any manager, everybody's hands are tied by ashley and changing anyone but that is going to make fuck all difference.

Except a lot of European coaches operate under those restrictions and can still play good football.

Thought you'd jump in with two feet on this one. ;)

:D

I still think almost our entire squad is shit, mind. But you can't blame Carr because for every player we have he probably identified 3 ahead of them that we couldn't get 'over the line'. We've probably got a first team consisting of players right down his list. He also doesn't decide which of his targets we go for to address the problems in our team.

Anita and Riviere aren't doing him any favours though, even at £6m they're shit value.

That's the key point, it's ridiculous to blame scouts as all he really does is give his advice and opinion, he has no control over who they sign.

It's been repeated many times but it is also fucking ridiculous that a team of our teams level seemingly has one scout for first team players, he may also be in charge of youth finds too. How many teams fans really know and discuss their scouts by name, it's ridiculous.

:D

I still think almost our entire squad is shit, mind. But you can't blame Carr because for every player we have he probably identified 3 ahead of them that we couldn't get 'over the line'. We've probably got a first team consisting of players right down his list. He also doesn't decide which of his targets we go for to address the problems in our team.

Anita and Riviere aren't doing him any favours though, even at £6m they're shit value.

Yeah those two are probably alright in the lacksadasical Dutch and French leagues mainly popuated by players undergoing sex changes, but look rabbit in the big boys league.

Tbf Anita has had a few good games for us.

Edited by Park Life

Pardew said he was happy with the players he had. It's his job to demand better.

He didnt.

Every knows QPR took Remy ahead of us. So we have had viable targets highlighted, which is all a scout should do.