The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 hours ago, Nefilim said:

Regarding questions, I was taught-

1) there is no such thing as a silly question, you'll end up silly when you don't ask

2) if you already know the answer, don't answer the question

Baby Thank You GIF

I’ve deliberately stayed away from this until we win so as not to jinx it :lol: what a result! I still think India will win the series but England needed a good start to have any hope imo. 
Fantastic result for the Windies too

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Alex said:

I’ve deliberately stayed away from this until we win so as not to jinx it :lol: 

That was my view, as well.  But then the WI beat Oz, so I changed to this game.  Was then worried it was going the wrong way until both Ashwin and Siraj thought they were Viv Richards. Phew.  

Brilliant result for the series, and just shows that if you show someone you have confidence in them whatever happens in the first innings, they can repay you.

• Like 2

It won’t get talked about except by obsessives like me but I don’t think England win that match without their best wicketkeeper playing. 

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

It won’t get talked about except by obsessives like me but I don’t think England win that match without their best wicketkeeper playing. 

Geraint Jones?

I loved the pause - rip off bails from Foakes when he knew the batsman jumped.

Not a fan of Stokes saying this is his best win whilst Captain. Rather he shut up, kept winning - series victory in India is something to talk about!

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Some commentators were saying he didn't have his best game, but the pitch was interesting to say the least on that last day.  A couple of Rehan Ahmed's took off from a length while others scuttled along the floor.

• Like 1

Have to say I wasn't that impressed with the attempt to get Bumrah out when he jumped. Especially after the YJB incident. Hopefully Stokes would have called him back.