The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He’s a better batsman than Botham was (and Botham was devastating at his best). I think peak Botham was a better bowler but he burst into the scene and the second half (if not longer) of his career was a story of steady decline with the ball. Stokes seems to be getting better and better. And he’s a great fielder too. I just love watching him bat though. I always thought his average should be higher because as well as the outrageous shot making he’s so technically correct in defence. When Durham won the Royal London Cup he smashed a spectacular century against Notts in the semis but his scratchy 30-odd not put that saw Durham home in the final was almost better on a slow pitch in gloomy conditions at Lord’s. Having all that talent is one thing but thriving under pressure when the team needs him most is what really sets him apart. 

• Like 1

There was a shot yesterday he almost plucked out of the air to guide past leg slip and the bowler just looked at him like “what the fuck dude”? :lol: 

Aye, that was class. What about the one in the first innings where it was a checked drive that went for six? :lol: 

Edited by Alex

He’s class to watch no matter what he’s doing tbh.

I was told in the last test he got the slowest England 100 and in the next innings the fastest ever England 50 but I can’t validate the claim.

He’s one of the few to massively benefit from T20 & one day cricket. A lot of other players just forget how to play test cricket altogether. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

He’s class to watch no matter what he’s doing tbh.

I was told in the last test he got the slowest England 100 and in the next innings the fastest ever England 50 but I can’t validate the claim.

He’s one of the few to massively benefit from T20 & one day cricket. A lot of other players just forget how to play test cricket altogether. 

It was definitely his slowest test 100. And it was the fastest test 50 by an England opener. Him and Buttler opened in the second innings to try and get quick runs 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

It was definitely his slowest test 100. And it was the fastest test 50 by an England opener. Him and Buttler opened in the second innings to try and get quick runs 

That’s where I’ve got confused. 

36 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Stokes and it’s not close IMO

There’s only one of them playing test cricket at present for a start ;) 

The thing is Stokes is constantly getting better and Smith is a cheating cunt. Plus he looks like a ventriloquists doll that’s been picked out of a pond.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t really mind Smith. He’s a tough as old boots Aussie ‘winner’ and his record is incredible. I get no pleasure out of watching his ugly French cricket style of batting though. Stokes, on the other hand, is absolute box office 

• Like 1

On 7/22/2020 at 13:56, Alex said:

I don’t really mind Smith. He’s a tough as old boots Aussie ‘winner’ and his record is incredible. I get no pleasure out of watching his ugly French cricket style of batting though. Stokes, on the other hand, is absolute box office 

yes, not pretty to watch. would love him in your side though. 

As test batsmen maybe but not as a test cricketers. Although understanding the difference would’ve required basic comprehension skills, so I’ll let you off :razz: 

• Haha 1