The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don’t think his shoulder would hold up even if he wanted it. It’s not like we’d be playing two spinners in any test matches down there so that mean a lot of overs for him to bowl. 

• 2 weeks later...

Australia looked absolutely home and dry but in the end they didn’t even get close. Low scoring games on those sorts of pitches are often so entertaining though, much better than runfests on a flat track. It was a great comeback by Rashid in the latter stages. Great bowling all round but you feel Australia would’ve cruised to victory if it wasn’t for that brilliant Rashid / Tom Curran stand. 

Edited by Alex

For all Wood is a joy to watch steaming in and obviously a massive threat with his pace, I doubt he would have been able to keep it as tight as the likes of Curran(s). I know he actually had the best economy in the first match but keeping it really tight just isn’t his game. 

• Like 1

Just to bring a smile to those of you that have no time or respect for cheating cunts like Smith, Cricket Australia is just about to be shafted out of the ridiculous fortune they were making from their latest TV deal. The only down side is Murdoch owns Foxsports, so that horrible cunt is saving more money that he won't pay tax on!

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/sep/15/relationship-further-stretched-as-seven-refuses-to-pay-cricket-australia-in-full

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Good recovery in fairness, probably still won’t be enough unless the bowling attack come up with something special.

Cracking score. 

I was massively wrong :lol: