The Cricket Thread

McFaul

Do you like cricket?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

I reckon so, another 40/50 was my thought at the time, was completely surprised by the timing, thought they'd go another 30 minutes after tea yesterday.

Arsehole !!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

if they carry this on through the winter, it's really going to tee up the home ashes series next summer. i've got tickets for day two at edgbaston. can't wait 

Next test I reckon Foakes will come in for Livingstone and I suspect Wood will play, who gets left out will be a difficult call, probably Jacks IMO. 

Don't think they'll drop Leach, even when it seems like he's doing absolutely nothing with the ball, all of a sudden he'll take a critical wicket.

3 hours ago, Alex said:

I know he was his usual immaculate self but they might rest Anderson and play him in the third test. 

They could, don't want to push the old fella 😉 That said taking the vibe from his interview he'll want to play.

Just saw someone tweet, if Stokes had batted on, even for one over (which would have cost 15 minutes with change of innings) it would have been a draw. Fine margins !!!

Was an utterly brilliant watch, roll on Friday.

• Like 2

Stats are very much more easily collected and analysed in Cricket than in football and always have been; batting averages, bowling averages etc etc. I expect that xW will suggest that the best bowlers will have a high xW, which you could also check via their bowling average. In other words, it will change the square root of fuck all, let alone transform anything :cuppa:

• Like 2

Yeah. It’s always been a statistician’s paradise. It’s also moved with the times to incorporate more detailed analysis that has come with more coverage and better footage being available etc. Like you say, even when if it becomes viewed as a useful addition, I doubt it’ll be remotely revolutionary. Just CricViz promoting their product. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I've never watched that shite, principally because their patter is like listening to you old fogies wrestle with modern life, and I get enough of that shit on here. 

Objection: If the defendant has by his own admission "never watched that shite" how does he know what their patter is like to compare it to anyone else ??

• Haha 4