Russell Brand

Dr Gloom

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

‘I don’t think Russell Brand has read much Orwell’, says the Catholic Herald, responding to the multi-millionaire revolutionary’s YouTube claim that IS are less of a threat than David Cameron:

‘Not just because he recently described Owen Jones as our generation’s incarnation of the left-wing iconoclast, but because yesterday he engaged in the kind of apologia for foreign fascism which the great man built his reputation on condemning.’

Brand’s video has now been seen by more than 200,000 people, and guess who is helping him make these visual treats happen? Non other than the self-confessed plagiarist and disgraced former Indy columnist Johann Hari.

Hari was the ideological lodestar for the latest generation of lefty scribblers like Owen Jones and Laurie Penny, before his astonishing fall from grace upon being exposed for inventing quotes and even whole interviews. He claims in the biography of his new book that he ‘currently produces Russell Brand’s podcast and YouTube channel’. Though Johann has a track record for making stuff up, something tells Mr S this one is on the money.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/steerpike/2014/09/russell-brand-and-johann-hari-the-revolutionary-dream-team/

All this makes Random House’s claim in May that Hari was not writing Brand’s revolutionary manifesto, that will be published for profit, look a little shaky.

Russell Brand

s2_laz.jpg

Edited by Park Life

Lydon - "I never preached Anarchy"

Anarchy In the Uk - "Cause I wanna be Anarchy"

Always thought Lydon was a cock wrapped round Malcolm Mclaren's finger.

Roger Daltrey said "I hope I die before I get old" but did anyone really expect him to keep to it?....

From what I understand about Brand is that he is being led astray (by dark forces) and as his recent appearance on Newsnight showed he has no real grasp of politics or economics. A kind of sloganism and turning up at various events with camera crew in tow has created this false picture of someone who 'understands' and someone who in his own words 'can amplify' various issue that affect the masses.

His last two girlfriends have been a millionaire pop star and a relation (Gemima Khan) to one of the richest dynasties on the planet. Says it all really.

article-2450195-189DC3B700000578-697_634

Edited by Park Life

:lol:

There's a lot of interest in the likes of Brand and now Farrage....In a way they are attacking the same things...These two are foreshadows of something to come. ;)

These are troubling avatars.

The simple truth is that with the rising cost of energy over the last two decades (and more rises in the future) something has to give, for now it might be wages...But the 'good times' will never return. Fair amount of focus and time is being invested in perceptions...Mankind is the most studied thing on earth.

Edited by Park Life

• 4 weeks later...

He's alright by me, Brand. The notion that having wealth precludes him from having compassion or empathy, or from getting involved in things like this is ridiculous. Better that he's doing what he's doing and bringing attention to these issues than not.

It bugs me when people have a go at Billy Bragg for "living in a big house in Dorset" as if his politics demand a shit flat in Barking.

They should look up what he did with Go records for starters.

I have new found respect for Brand. He's raising awareness and getting young people engaged with politics. Who else on the left is doing that? Plus his videos are entertaining and funny, way funnier than his standup. He's not pretending to have all the answers but his observations that the current system is fucked is striking a chord.

I have new found respect for Brand. He's raising awareness and getting young people engaged with politics. Who else on the left is doing that? Plus his videos are entertaining and funny, way funnier than his standup. He's not pretending to have all the answers but his observations that the current system is fucked is striking a chord.

Agree wholeheartedly with this. The biggest problem is that he doesn't have the answers, but his overall body of work has been brilliant so far. That the media are seeing him as a threat and starting to try and discredit him is always a positive.

The true left is rising in the UK. People like Russell Brand will only help.

Meant to add aswell, we have the Focus E15 Mums up in Glasgow last week at the Radical Independence Conference. His exposure of their campaign has been invaluable for them, so I stayed to listen to them. Utterly fantastic group.