Russell Brand

Dr Gloom

Couldn't face going to the vets. Sent MrsP instead. Cats will be back tonight. :unsure2:

They'll be absolutely fine. They'll look like they're pissed for a while with the combination of anaesthetic and lampshades (which is hilarious in itself) but they'll be right as rain in no time.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like the man himself.

Again, I agree and I've said that already in this thread. But I'll take the guy with no substance standing up for the important issues affecting real people than the guy with no substance standing up for a corrupt multi-national financial service.

Depends on what you think the purpose of the protest was. I've no doubt you're right, but if the people remain in their homes at an affordable rent I'd imagine they won't be thinking to much about what profit the management company make.

:lol: In fact, here you go. Here he is seconds after that photo was taken with Lynch, and they seem to be getting on swimmingly towards the end of the video. I look forward to you moderating your opinion of Brand forthwith. ;)

• 4 months later...

she a troll sure, but i don't think she was joking when she called migrants cockroaches that should or crushed, or shot. so brand did well to point out to the world that the despicable bitch got what she wanted.

she genuinely does believe what she says.

She may believe a version of what she says, but I believe in reality it's a much less extreme version.

When does her attention whoreing become incitement though? That line about gunning the refugees is the closest she's come so far, isn't it?

Interesting. I get the no point in voting argument, but I was listening to a podcast with Billy Bragg on it recently, where they got onto the topic of Brand.

Anyway Bragg says he agrees with most of what Brand says, but he cannot agree with this voting thing. He was saying that there is so much going on in this upcoming election that to not engage would be a big mistake - so for instance, he raised the possibility of there being a second election this year and the impact that the result of the first election could have on the second.

If the Greens take a higher than expected share of the popular vote, that might encourage more people to vote for them in the second election, but you lose all of that repeat engagement if you don't get it in the first election.

Also, if the youth just disengage from politics and then do nothing else, then politicians will also disengage and just ignore them.

Anyway I'm butchering his point a bit, and he had more to say than just that, but aye, I can't remember what my point was. :lol: I'm just gonna hit send.