Russell Brand

Dr Gloom

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sun have stepped up their campaign against him after he's threatened to sue them for calling him a hypocrite. They've gone to the trouble of running a poll to determine whether he's firstly a hypocrite (64% say yes) and not funny (69%). The Sun are horrific.

:lol:

You'll have to expand on that for me

However.....here's Russ v the sun in numbers....

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/dec/05/the-sun-speak-more-people-russell-brand

For me it has to be sourced locally and not from fekin Yokrshire or Tibet of someplace. If there is a micro-brewery out back then I'm in. My other pet hate is industrial brewers putting out a few faux labels to the trendy real ale crowd.

camden-pale-ale-2014-600x600_c.png

Rossland-Beer-Company-Logo2.png

these guys just opened this year as Rossland Beer Company had been operating as Trail Brewing.

really nice all natural no preservatives beers, did some work on the side for them as they were trying to get up and running and they've paid me in beer, haven't bought beer in 5 months and i should have another 5 before my tab is up :thumbup:

Rossland-Beer-Company-Logo2.png

these guys just opened this year as Rossland Beer Company had been operating as Trail Brewing.

really nice all natural no preservatives beers, did some work on the side for them as they were trying to get up and running and they've paid me in beer, haven't bought beer in 5 months and i should have another 5 before my tab is up :thumbup:

There were loads of good micro breweries when I was over in BC.

Edited by Alex

Aye it wasn't a great show tbh. He looked nervous as fuck in his first answer and couldn't pronounce adversarial (stumbled over it twice), called the Conservative bird "love" and immediately caught himself on for sexist language and then got a telling off off the Labour bird for talking over Conservative bird (although tbf she was directly addressing him and she's a Tory so she deserved it).

Made some decent points, got plenty of applause, got rounded on by some Alf Garnett type with a walking stick who took umbrage at him saying that Farage picks on minorities and the disabled. He was saved in that last incident by some absolute fruit loop at the back who stood up screaming that Farage was a racist and "you look out Farage I'm coming for you!"

He did call Farage a "poundshop Enoch Powell who we need to keep an eye on" which was a decent line. I was surprised at how nervous he looked throughout though.

I like Brand, but the column inches and airtime dedicated to the sideshow of him and Farage is all just entertaining filler.

None of it has any meaning whatsoever.

Farage is on channel 4 with Steph and Dom off Gogglebox next week ffs.

Brands job is promoting his book on chatty man and wossy.

Giving the charade any credence on question time bestows it with an importance it doesn't deserve and takes actual policy issues off the agenda.

Brand calling someone "love" should not be the major political story of the day and never should be.

That bint having a pop at him for talking over her, saying it was a feminist issue, what a bitch. It happens all the time, if I push in front of a black man in a queue, I'm just an asshole, not a racist ffs.

Aye it wasn't a great show tbh. He looked nervous as fuck in his first answer and couldn't pronounce adversarial (stumbled over it twice), called the Conservative bird "love" and immediately caught himself on for sexist language and then got a telling off off the Labour bird for talking over Conservative bird (although tbf she was directly addressing him and she's a Tory so she deserved it).

Made some decent points, got plenty of applause, got rounded on by some Alf Garnett type with a walking stick who took umbrage at him saying that Farage picks on minorities and the disabled. He was saved in that last incident by some absolute fruit loop at the back who stood up screaming that Farage was a racist and "you look out Farage I'm coming for you!"

He did call Farage a "poundshop Enoch Powell who we need to keep an eye on" which was a decent line. I was surprised at how nervous he looked throughout though.

Got battered by the disabled bloke with the walking stick and then drew back into his interior monoluges where he is ruler of the world or summink. He looked nervous cause his shtick is actually very limited.

I like Brand, but the column inches and airtime dedicated to the sideshow of him and Farage is all just entertaining filler.

None of it has any meaning whatsoever.

Farage is on channel 4 with Steph and Dom off Gogglebox next week ffs.

Brands job is promoting his book on chatty man and wossy.

Giving the charade any credence on question time bestows it with an importance it doesn't deserve and takes actual policy issues off the agenda.

Brand calling someone "love" should not be the major political story of the day and never should be.

He's got a more defined slightly harsher working class accent for Question Time compared to his delivery on Trews. He looked stunned when picked up on something by two actual working class lads on Question Time and immediately felt he had to reinforce his lowly background as a badge of honour.

Edited by Park Life