Russell Brand

Dr Gloom

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

back OT for a minute, I reckon Brand has done a sterling job at galvanising young people to care about politics and his endorsement of miliband will play a big part in a lot of marginals where younger voters might have chosen voted for a different party.

brand should think about running as an MP for the greens. he'd be a lot better than that awful bennet woman and could have a farage-type impact on the labour party, moving them more to the left, which would be a brilliant thing for party politics.

It's Russ not the Messiah :lol:

You honestly think the youth of Britain is going to run out and vote because Russ says vote.

i think that with 10 million followers on twitter, fuckloads of subscribers to his trews youtube channel, and well over a million views on the miliband interview alone, he's very inlfuential - yes.

be honest, things aren't looking great for your lot are they?

i think that with 10 million followers on twitter, fuckloads of subscribers to his trews youtube channel, and well over a million views on the miliband interview alone, he's very inlfuential - yes.

be honest, things aren't looking great for your lot are they?

Are there any previous examples of Russell's disciples carrying out his commands in such numbers?

Are there any previous examples of Russell's disciples carrying out his commands in such numbers?

so you're not worried about the result then :lol:

If Cameron wasn't bothered by the Brand thing he wouldn't have mentioned it during that very mechanical attempt to look 'energised'. Same goes for CT :lol:

he played the violin though, which makes him an automatic tory :lol:

CT completely missing the point there's a difference between background and politics, despite voting Tory and eating Smash with a metal detector.

By the way, wtf is the sitting PM doing referring to a British citizen as "a joke" for interviewing his opponent. :lol: He's bricking it. With his sleeves rolled up.

You could tell from Brand's video that he didn't think too much of being called a joke by that prick.

meanwhile, the tories are snowed under with celebrities and influential activists who want to be associated with their party in public.

let's be fair, most tory voters - let alone celebrities - would be embarrassed to go on record admitting they vote for the cunts.

so you're not worried about the result then :lol:

It's a win win for me. Lose Dave, get Boris. Let's be honest, putting the rhetoric to one side there's not a massive difference between the parties. Labour these days are just Tory lite.

My one true hope for this election is that the smug Danny Alexander gets a good thrashing.

It's a win win for me. Lose Dave, get Boris. Let's be honest, putting the rhetoric to one side there's not a massive difference between the parties. Labour these days are just Tory lite.

My one true hope for this election is that the smug Danny Alexander gets a good thrashing.

the miliband interview with brand gave me some hope but i suspect you're right and that once in power, he'll sell out in exactly the way clegg and blair did.

a labour-led coalition is the best result for me because it will move them back to the left, hopefully forcing them to review their commitment to continued austerity and to the idiotic pledge to invest billions we don't have on renewing trident.

Edited by Dr Gloom

The win-win patter gets less convincing with each repetition. Meanwhile the greatest PM in CT's lifetime can't beat Ed Miliband. Have a think about that. :lol:

Also good to see him flip-flopping between 'Red Ed' and 'Tory lite' :lol:

CT completely missing the point there's a difference between background and politics, despite voting Tory and eating Smash with a metal detector.

Don't forget the camouflage jacket. :good:

https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/#/politics/market/1.101193124

Put your money where your cherry tomato is. :D

Sweet Jesus! Thank God for that......at first I thought you'd written 'put your money where your button mushroom is'! :faint:

Does anyone else see the irony in the taxi driving, sofa selling, fast food eating Mackem bamp voting Conservative, whilst the intelligent, career minded, middle class bunch in Gemmil, Alex, Meenzer etc. are all voting Labour.

CT can't make a decision on what to have on his pizza without asking people on here, but when it comes to the complex world of politics he tries (and fails) to educate everyone else. Do us all a favour and revert to type CT, vote Labour

Does anyone else see the irony in the taxi driving, sofa selling, fast food eating Mackem bamp voting Conservative, whilst the intelligent, career minded, middle class bunch in Gemmil, Alex, Meenzer etc. are all voting Labour.

CT can't make a decision on what to have on his pizza without asking people on here, but when it comes to the complex world of politics he tries (and fails) to educate everyone else. Do us all a favour and revert to type CT, vote Labour

As he's basically said, it's because he sees supporting a political party as being like supporting a football team. The wider ramifications of "Dave" vs. "Red Ed" are utterly lost on him beyond waving his blue scarf around his head and cheering on "his" side.

Meanwhile, obviously the "do yourself a favour, vote Labour" rhyme has got me humming old Kwik Save jingles now.

That bit fucks all the rest of it up.

Cabbies are, in my experience, gobshite know-nowts. Never happier then when they're telling you exactly how things would be better if only everyone listened to them.

A 17yr old with a driving license could do their job, but apparently they all feel comfortable saying "You know what's wrong with the NHS? It needs streamlining."

They get their information from tabloids, talk-radio and other taxi drivers.

I think it's just a matter of having a bit of thought and conpassion for other people. My sister was ill throughout most of her 20s and into her 30s, which thankfully coincided with a Labour government being in charge. Even then it was a struggle for her to qualify for DLA etc.

I'm fairly certain that if this lot had been in charge at the time, she would have been amongst those that they are attempting to force out of benefits at a time when her life was more than shit enough. I know that she had some pretty dark thoughts during that time, that would have been a lot darker if she'd had a government telling her to man up and get back in the game. Setting aside anything else, there's no way I could vote to support these cunts putting other people in that position.

Also, I don't have kids, but the idea of raising a young child in the NE and voting these wankers in to continue their programme of disproportionate cuts in the area makes absolutely no sense. It's genuinely idiotic because THAT is the stuff that affects you personally. If you're not prepared to look out for others, then at the very least look out for yourself, but if you're voting Tory in Boldon, you aren't even managing to do that.

By the way, I haven't been career minded since my mid 20s.:lol: I get annoyed at work by people that are interested in what they/we are doing from one day to the next.