Terrorism

aimaad22

4 hours ago, Ken said:

Fremantle??? Couldn't get a more whiter community/city, disregarding Hobart and the greater part of Tasmania. Western Australia is primarily white apart from Broome where Japanese, Indonesians and Aboriginals have intermingled over generations. Queensland is largely white too on the eastern side. Sydney and Melbourne are the hub of multiculturalism in Australia.

Nah, they've got all the races, apparently...  

I think they meant they've seen something on whatever is the Australian FOX news variant.

3 hours ago, Ken said:

You should never cooperate and compromise with those who think they are superior to you based on religious grounds and to those who put religious beliefs over the law of the land. To believe that that is an option on the table is absurd.

I agree that a secular society is the only way forward, but meeting intransigence with intransigence is pointless. Especially when the threat of violent retribution isn't much of a deterrent. Obviously a line must be drawn somewhere, but there's a lot of moderates to be convinced before you get to that point.

Sounds like knife attacks on the streets around borough market as well as a van attack mowing down pedestrians. It's an area I know very well. Chilling. 

Saw a tweet or something the other day saying (paraphrasing) "to kill during Ramadan is a great sin" suggesting it's sort of alright, or at least more acceptable any other time.

Fuck heads. Utter fuck heads.

47 minutes ago, Ken said:

"Run, hide, barricade yourselves in and turn your phones to silent."

Fucking hell.

Jesus Christ man, I hate to agree with the likes of Ken, but we need to do something? 

So what has caused this sudden spike in attacks? Is it increased extremist activity or a reduction in counter-terrorism effectiveness? Have surveillance methods changed? Was the snoopers charter brought in to cheaply replace more effective/robust expensive targetted surveillance or am I being cynical?

This one could be a copycat attack (spurred on by the Grande concert).  Not like it took much planning, from what I understand of it.

Has there actually been a general increase outside of the Manchester attack?