January Transfers 2015

salsaman7

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you want a list? There are loads tbh

Fernandes let arry spend 50 million net in two years. They were second bottom when arry was appointed going into a game v Sunderland. Guess what? He left this week and they're second bottom going into a game v Sunderland :lol:

We have 50% of a cracking owner. The club is better off financially than nearly any other in the league, to a certain degree, still capable of competing. A lot of clubs would kill for that.

I forget sometimes we had the likes of Owen, Parker, Geremi, Martins, Duff and Viduka on £80/90/100kpw and doing absolutely fuck all. I'm glad we aren't that club anymore.

It's the other 50% that has everyone hating him

- the sports direct monopoly on sponsorship

- looking for a yes man rather than a good manager

- NEVER investing when we actually need a player or two to push the team on

I'm not arsed about having a sheik takeover the club and buying success. I like picking up players like Cabaye, Perez and Sissoko. It's the insistence on playing them with Williamson etc. and selling them at the first sign of interest that winds me up.

We have 50% of a cracking owner. The club is better off financially than nearly any other in the league, to a certain degree, still capable of competing. A lot of clubs would kill for that.

I forget sometimes we had the likes of Owen, Parker, Geremi, Martins, Duff and Viduka on £80/90/100kpw and doing absolutely fuck all. I'm glad we aren't that club anymore.

It's the other 50% that has everyone hating him

- the sports direct monopoly on sponsorship

- looking for a yes man rather than a good manager

- NEVER investing when we actually need a player or two to push the team on

I'm not arsed about having a sheik takeover the club and buying success. I like picking up players like Cabaye, Perez and Sissoko. It's the insistence on playing them with Williamson etc. and selling them at the first sign of interest that winds me up.

Its the unwillingness to push forward that is the most frustrating thing, how often are we linked with players like Lacazette or Bony and we just don't commit and get them, dropping further down the suggestions list to players like Riviere.

Its not a lot that needs to change at this point to put us on the up. Make the right appointment in summer and take on Carrs first suggestions rather than his thirds and we could genuinely push on.

But we all know it just won't happen until we have a different owner

Tbf Gloom has a point.....there's no other owner running his club to financially benefit his core business. In that regard he's spot on.

There are plenty of crooks running their clubs into the ground though.

As it is we're sort of just waiting around for him to sod off knowing we'll be at a pretty boring but steady level til he does, there are a whole lot of other teams who would love that right now.

This is not to say I don't really want him to fuck off. Just because others have it worse is no reason to accept what you've got and not want better.

Don't know why people assume the club's going to be sold anytime soon. Ashley's turning a small profit and showcasing his brand. It would take more than almost anyone would be willing to spend to buy the club imo.

Don't know why people assume the club's going to be sold anytime soon. Ashley's turning a small profit and showcasing his brand. It would take more than almost anyone would be willing to spend to buy the club imo.

This is exactly my fear. He doesn't seem to give a fuck about the football other than to keep us in the division in order to maximise what Sports Direct gets from us. He could get even more exposure by getting us into the champions league but that would take spending more than he's interested in risking (more that FFP would allow anyway now). So it benefits him to keep things as they are. Unless something goes really wrong with his finances and he needs the cash or something massive happens in football to make him need to ditch us, I really can't see him going anytime soon.

This. All the stuff that could be interpreted as 'gearing it to sell' could equally be interpreted as 'running it like a cunt'.

Because he can't own both us and Rangers and Rangers are a lot easier to get into the champions league with and slap his shop name on the stadium name and shirts? If we get relegated he instantly loses £60mil pa on tv rights.

Because he can't own both us and Rangers and Rangers are a lot easier to get into the champions league with and slap his shop name on the stadium name and shirts? If we get relegated he instantly loses £60mil pa on tv rights.

Hes got Rangers exactly where he wants them with less than 10% of the shares though. On the face of it he doesn't need to buy Rangers to have several income streams from them. He can still put SD on shirts etc should they get back in the champions league without owning them.

Dave King has called an EGM to get rid of Llambias and his mate but that looks a pretty futile gesture as Ashley is the only fucker involved with any money.

Edited by PaddockLad

Presumably he'd get far less national and worldwide exposure for SD with Rangers, CL aside? Scottish football doesnt have the same allure as the PL. I think Rangers is jist a top up for the toon rather than an end game.

Bet there aren't many worse who are worth £5b anyway.

That's why he's the worst. Of all the multi billionaires in the world we get this cunt.

He's sucked the soul out of the club. There are other owners out there that are despised, but I can't think of any other that has turned an entire support to total apathy. So many of us have given up, walked away or just no longer care anymore, it's tragic why he's done, really. The irony is he could be a quality owner if he cared but he doesn't. It's pretty clear from his actions the regard he holds us in.

The club under Ashley doesn't even spend the money it generates itself FFS. And we know the extent of the ambition thanked to those fan forum minutes. He's turned us into the walking dead and he doesn't pretend otherwise.

As I understand it, the advertising around the ground that he does here can't be done in the champions league. They have specific sponsors (Ford and such) who sponsor the champions league so other advertisments get covered up. In order so get anything out of the champions league Sports Direct would have to be their shirt sponsor or their stadium sponsor (something which I don't see as providing much given the history of Ibrox).

I seriously doubt that's more valuable to him the free advertising he gets in the premier league every week with us.

So telling that we didn't even bother to speculate through the January window about potential purchases. It was only about retention of existing players. Expectations successfully crushed.

Anyone think this might be part of the final push to sell the club?

£3.5mil for Pardew

£3.5mil for Santon

£5mil for Mbiwa

Ben Arfa off the wage bill

No players bought

No Manager brought in

Rangers paying for 5 of our squad players

He could be maximising his profits prior to a sale and subsequent Rangers buyout.

Probably wishful thinking

You could be right! There was a guy on facebook, truefaith's page saying Ashley has sold the club to some Arabs from Abu Dhabi and they will take over at the end of the season. Of course the poor guy was ridiculed for it but after all the shit he was copping. All he said was, wait and fucking see.

Can't see Ashley giving up his share of a 4 billion tv deal starting next season. The other reason is there's not a buyer at the price he needs to cover his outlay. It's nearly 300million and with the best will in the world a club of our standing isn't worth that sort of money regardless of tv income.

I still like to distinguish between Ashley and Newcastle united. Ashley has never had £60m pa from TV rights to lose. The club has, but it's stayed in the club. Like the Carroll money and the Cabaye money.

Ashley has been repaid £11m of his loan after 7 years. And the club still hasn't reported a profit before player trading for him to take any more.

He's a twat for expecting the £29m loan repaid as soon as possible rather than converting it to equity and letting the club move onwards and upwards.

He's a cunt for limiting the retail revenues by gifting that side of the business to sports direct.

He's a cunt for limiting commercial income by giving his shops free advertising (though still not on shirts as it would be too costly for the club for it to be free - credit due?)

He's NOT a cunt sitting in piles of money that get topped up after every transfer window. Having repaid the £29m loan (in the next accounts probably) I hope and expect that the club will be allowed to invest what it earns, despite the limitations SD place on that.

It would follow the example of last summer when we spent more than the previous 5 summers combined, without leading to any losses.

That's why I said stadium name and shirt sponsor ;)

Aye I know. That was why I said I think the stadium naming thing is pretty worthless. That stadium has always been ibrox and to nearly everyone always will be. Stadium naming works on the likes of the Emirates because it was never called anything else. Even if he could do it for nothing, I don't think it gives SD anywhere near the advertising we give him by being in the premier league.

Shirt sponsorship might just about be worthwhile like.

Aye I know. That was why I said I think the stadium naming thing is pretty worthless. That stadium has always been ibrox and to nearly everyone always will be. Stadium naming works on the likes of the Emirates because it was never called anything else. Even if he could do it for nothing, I don't think it gives SD anywhere near the advertising we give him by being in the premier league.

Shirt sponsorship might just about be worthwhile like.

Don't know about that; almost every time the stadium was referred to during the "Sports Direct Arena @ St James' Park" period the commentator, journalist, pundit, whoever took a moment to say something like "well, it may be called the Sports Direct Arena, but it will always be St James' park" and every time they did the only thing Ashley cared about was the name of his tat-monger shop being repeated to an audience of millions.