catmag

Gigs 2019

37 minutes ago, SpaceCadet said:

Slayer in Birmingham in November 

There last tour. We wont be missing it.

How many of the voices are going with you?

On 08/02/2018 at 16:06, ewerk said:

Went to see Kendrick Lamar last night. It’s the first solo rapper I’ve seen live and he carried the entire thing himself. Aside from an occasional single dancer he was on the stage himself the whole time. Apart from a slight dip in the middle it was a pretty awesome performance throughout. His ability to deliver studio quality vocals in an energetic concert was incredible.

I'm not a diehard fan but from my reckoning, at 33 years old, I was the oldest one there. Middle age is racing towards me like a freight train.

lol see what happened other day? 

brings white girl on stage to do his song, she does, which contains the N word... he stops the show and says "what are you doing!"

lol triggered by his own lyrics ffs :lol: 

46 minutes ago, Ant said:

lol see what happened other day? 

brings white girl on stage to do his song, she does, which contains the N word... he stops the show and says "what are you doing!"

lol triggered by his own lyrics ffs :lol: 

He’d need a minimum of two fans to get through this line 

Niggas, bitches, honkies, crackers, “ 

without giving himself a conniption. 

What a fucking plum. :D

Was down for Beck in Dublin other night (yeah yeah yeahs as support)

Yeah Yeah Yeahs were great, seen them twice before and when they came out i'd have been happy if that had been the main act, excellent show, Karen-o is a great frontwoman.

Beck, big band/stage as you'd expect and i honestly thought after the energetic support act it'd be a bit of a weird finish. Came out, first thing he says is "god damn the yeah yeah yeahs, ok Dublin we're going have to double time this" straight into Loser and Devils Haircut. He was excellent, much better than expected, even with being a fan I sort of forgot how many "hits" he has in his repertoire, the new stuff suits a live gig better than radio/album play as well.

I had a hotel booked and was all ready to see him tonight at the BBC gig until I remembered the wife was away on a hen party. <_< 

Just now, ewerk said:

I had a hotel booked and was all ready to see him tonight at the BBC gig until I remembered the wife was away on a hen party. <_< 

well worth the £20 for that ticket like with Orbital in support , was announced way after i'd got my dublin ticket art 3x that but didn't mind tbh, needed the blow out anyway, got back to the apartment about 4.30am :lol: 

I’m currently watching the Manic’s performance and it’s a reminder that ‘festival’ appearances are invariably shite.

I think you were better off going to see him alone. Sounded like he was doing a solid 2.5 hours with an amazing band.

Not quite tbh, about 1hr30, he mentioned the curfew a few times and cut new pollution from the setlist, which would've annoyed me if the support hadn't been a main act and all.
Can't really complain when you've got Beck to come, and the support is doing this halfway through their set :lol: 

20180523_205704_1.gif

:lol: cunts

i wasn't even tempted to queue for one.

the band were great but the 02 is a fucking shit venue. 25 minute queue to get in, which we had to endure twice because the eticket barcode doesn't suffice - they make you go to the front of the venue to print off a paper ticket, another massive queue to do this because nowhere on the eticket did it say that there was no admission without a paper ticket.

once we finally got in, half the bars were shut so the queues for the bars that were open were absolutely massive - you'd be completely sober by the time you got served.

The O2 is shite, aye. I don't like arena gigs anyway so I usually only end up there if it's someone I really want to see and I've been able to pick up tickets for nowt on StubHub or similar, which also makes it easier to resent the drinks queues (and prices) less. Still sterile though.

32 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

The O2 is shite, aye. I don't like arena gigs anyway so I usually only end up there if it's someone I really want to see and I've been able to pick up tickets for nowt on StubHub or similar, which also makes it easier to resent the drinks queues (and prices) less. Still sterile though.

sterile is the perfect word for the place. the band made up for it ... just. we were fuming early doors 

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Got myself tickets for The Lemon Twigs in February :D

Just listened to that album the other day and I'm going to have to get tickets to this. Fucking quality album, like. A massive melting pot of Space Oddity-Bowie, 70s pop and batshit lyrics. Closest analogy I can think of is that the two brothers are a modern day Sparks

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

Yeh I love the album. What makes It better is that they were on the cusp of mainstream success and basically sacked it off by writing a concept album about a monkey that goes to high school, gets picked on and burns the school down. 

It's crackers. I got into them off the back of 'Foolin' Around' but their live shows look incredibly fun. Watched this a few times on the telly when I was pissed...

Smashing Pumpkins next month and The Charlatans +James in December. 

I've alway had a soft spot for UFO and they're doing a farewell tour but there's only Phil Mogg left and he's 70 so I'm in two minds whether to bother. 

22 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

That's my viewing sorted for the night. Cheers, Tom.

Mind, that other brother must be on some gear

Aye I think he might be like or...no gear at all whatsoever. Not even drink, sometimes that can make a man insane.