What do Labour need to do to win again?

Park Life

I didn't want to dig too deep. I'd hate to spook him and ruin my new mine of metal detecting information.

Wa hey!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simply not going to happen.

1. The referendum will be next May.

2. Dave will get a good deal.

3. It's the public who will decide not the MP's

"Simply not going to happen." :lol: what a plum.

What do you mean by a good deal? You mean from Europe? I think Europe's had it up to here with us to be honest...

They need us man. We are like the nom doms.

What is he actually proposing to 'get' from Europe that will convince the crazed masses that it's suddenly worth being involved?

Plumbers.

:lol:

I'm genuinely not certain what he's planning to get though, and I'm not sure if he's actually come out and said anything on the matter. He could come back with nothing more than a box of croissants at this point and still declare it mission accomplished.

Dave will get a good deal in the next 12 months? :lol:

Dave will get nothing.

What is Cameron actually going to get from Europe?

It seems that all he wants is to be able to control immigration and repatriate more powers. Both will be rejected. What in the hell is he going to get?

I think the percentage of the population who really have a clue what difference in or out would make, will be in single figures.

It will be interesting to hear some of the meat on the bones of the usual scare stories.

Politicians carry on like the EU is a mystery that they don't know much about....Yet them and those before them got us in pronto. Mmmm...

It annoys me they blame the EU when most of the decisions are made by the council which is made up of the home countries ruling parties.

Might even turn out to be beneficial move for him. I suspect it's not going to be the next leader who gets the chance to fundamentally change the party, it will be the one after that. As surely the same mistakes are going to be repeated one more time before it sinks in what's actually causing these failures to launch.

They need someone who can tell the economic history of Britain between 2002 and 2012 as shown in the article below and command the data and the room. They need to be able to get to the 7th graph and the nail the arguments underneath. Speak to the centre and help them understand what happened. They then need to play to the left by bringing corporation tax and the welfare state together into the same narrative.

http://www.economicshelp.org/blog/5509/economics/government-spending-under-labour/

Edited by ChezGiven

And the Tories would find it incredibly easy to use those exact same graphs to support their own narratives about Labour.....higher spending and year on year defecits in times of economic prosperity. They can even use some of its own analysis against Labour - it says the year on year defecits would have been higher if it were not for the tax revenues collected from what was causing the boom.