McClaren, Laudrup, Carvs, The tea lady?

Howay

How else would describe the statement that no good coaches would be interested in the top job at one of the biggest clubs in the English Premier League? Whimsy?

If you read my post back i said "no manager worth their salt would come here and work under Ashley or Charnley" so stick that in ya pipe and smoke it.

Edited by trooper

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you read my post back i said "no manager worth their salt would come here and work under Ashley or Charnley" so stick that in ya pipe and smoke it.

And I'm saying that's fucking daft.

Schteve would be pretty underwhelming given his recent track record. I think my reaction would be relief it wasn't someone worse. It'd be a pretty gutless and clueless appointment imo...they've had something like 5 months to find the right man. Its beyond incompetent really given the importance of the role.

Middlesbrough's run to the UEFA Cup Final is one of my main memories of him. Nearly every game was like a Keegan classic. 0-3 doon on aggregate after 43 minutes, and his side wins 4-3. He's done reasonably well in his career. The dutch league isn't as shit as people make out, and he wins it with a club who have never won it in his first season? I won't be gutted if he gets it.

Middlesbrough's run to the UEFA Cup Final is one of my main memories of him. Nearly every game was like a Keegan classic. 0-3 doon on aggregate after 43 minutes, and his side wins 4-3. He's done reasonably well in his career. The dutch league isn't as shit as people make out, and he wins it with a club who have never won it in his first season? I won't be gutted if he gets it.

I remember that cup run, it was mental. He just kept putting 6 up front and getting himself out of ludicrous situations. He was like the Hannibal Smith of football.

I remember that cup run, it was mental. He just kept putting 6 up front and getting himself out of ludicrous situations. He was like the Hannibal Smith of football.

"I love it when a plan comesh together. Oh yesh for shure"

That 0-3 to 4-3 situation happened twice in a row, both with last minute winners from Maccarone. The commentator on Teesside FM Alistair Brownlee showing our shitey commentators how it's done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACGHT69WlpY

Edited by McFaul

I'll forever remember it for the Sun Hill invasion.

:lol:

It's all about perspective ;)

7f9994757f19e071285dd59e30817446.jpg

What's your point? I am happy enough with a McClaren appointment I think he's a canny coach, it's still not an exciting managerial hunt though is it? It's a boring as fuck overly dragged out farce like it normally is.

And I'm saying that's fucking daft.

There's nothing childish about anticipating an underwhelming appointment. It's more petulant of you to dismiss it out of hand, frankly, especially given it's a prediction based on us failing to appoint anyone exciting in recent years under Ashley.

We've done this to death already but the consensus definitely seems to be that Ashley isn't about to buck the recent trend and hire one of the exciting young continental managers you are so sure we'll go for.

It was obvious we were never going to go for anyone like Garde, man. McClaren is a good effort by Ashley's standards. I was anticipating someone potentially much worse

Edited by Dr Gloom

What's your point? I am happy enough with a McClaren appointment I think he's a canny coach, it's still not an exciting managerial hunt though is it? It's a boring as fuck overly dragged out farce like it normally is.

Chill :lol: just a bit of rib tickling

I don't have a Twitter account, but if the replies to this tweet were not something along the lines of Don't just sit on your arse all day listening to it then, you stupid cunt. Get out there and DO YOUR FUCKING JOB, then I'll be very disappointed.

So a man that failed at Derby and told us to piss off twice. Quality. Not much you can expect when you tell prospective coaches that they have no say over transfers and such. Better than Carver. Meh.