McClaren, Laudrup, Carvs, The tea lady?

Howay

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Careful Fish, typos like that are liable to lead wolfy back here

No typo, I'm trying a new approach to life, loonybin negative nancy.

Personally I think you'd do a good job. Getting a small business in to a £5.5m a year turnover show is something 99.9% of people can only drop their jaws at. You'd be better than Carver anyway.

To be honest, I like McClaren but if you're manager of Derby and someone immeasurably bigger with great potentially ask you to come on board for 5 years, and you say no, well there'll be a bad taste as soon as he gets it. Vieira one of the greatest players this countries ever known, in terms of completely dominating play consistently in terms of presence and so many faultless aspects to his game, I'd love it if he took over.

Thing is with McClaren, if he loses his first 3-4 games we'd be right back to where we ended the season and the media giving the fans stick for not giving him time. I could be wrong, but I cant see him coming in and inspiring the players. Hope I am wrong.

“BREAKING: Sky sources: Patrick Vieira no longer under consideration by NUFC if they decide to change head coach.”

“BREAKING: Sky sources: Newcastle to hold talks with John Carver in next 48 hours to clarify his position.”

- See more at: http://www.themag.co.uk/2015/06/breaking-vieira-ruled-out-and-newcastle-now-set-for-talks-with-john-carver/#sthash.SXiTxGpm.dpuf

Imagine there's a good 5-6 candidates out there (and of a decent level, quality-wise) we'd have a realistic chance of bringing in if we actually went after them (might have to relax some of the limitations for one or two). All of whom would excite the fans more than McClaren.

So of course the one we seem pretty intent on is the one bottom of everyone's list (if they're assuming assuming Carver isn't a candidate).

What would impress me is if we went after a man already in a job, or someone who wasn't already friends with Carr/Charnley. Show a bit of ambition.

What would impress me is if we went after a man already in a job, or someone who wasn't already friends with Carr/Charnley. Show a bit of ambition.

i'd be equally impressed if i saw a flock of gloucestershire old spot pigs flying over the thames - it's as about as likely to happen.

@@Monroe Transfer honestly mate any manager worth their salt wont want to come and work here under Ashley & Charnley and the constraints they have in place.

Course they would. Petulance to say other wise.

The sum total of our efforts to look into anyone other than McClaren is apparently just a tentative phone call to Vieira's representatives.

Look at who West Ham are reportedly after. I'm not saying we'd get any of them, or that West Ham will, but at least they're trying. Better to aim high, put the effort in, and be disappointed as opposed to just not trying at all.

We're intent on someone who'll slot right in to the role he's given. No risk, excitement, or ambition. Even when the fans are crying out for it.

Edited by Monroe Transfer