McClaren, Laudrup, Carvs, The tea lady?

Howay

The sum total of our efforts to look into anyone other than McClaren is apparently just a tentative phone call to Vieira's representatives.

Look at who West Ham are reportedly after. I'm not saying we'd get any of them, or that West Ham will, but at least they're trying. Better to aim high, put the effort in, and be disappointed as opposed to just not trying at all.

We're intent on someone who'll slot right in to the role he's given. No risk, excitement, or ambition. Even when the fans are crying out for it.

Aye, but we've been linked with plenty good managers and supposed to have them on shortlists. Means no more at West ham than it does here. I've only laughed at the Viera link, and he's not even shown any ability anywhere, just a prospect that would command respect and has a good little black book.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is the lack of any vision for the club- if they had one, they'd find it a whole lot easier to pick their best candidates for the job.

As it is, they come across like a divorcee in her 40s, sweeping Sgt. Peppers for a cock, any cock.

The problem is the lack of any vision for the club- if they had one, they'd find it a whole lot easier to pick their best candidates for the job.

As it is, they come across like a divorcee in her 40s, sweeping Sgt. Peppers for a cock, any cock.

They're my favourite kind of woman!

Never gotten my hope up at all that it'll be someone other than the likes of McClaren. Discarded by Derby ffs.

As long as Carver and Stone get the boot it'll be a big step up, and thats as much as we can hope for.

Never gotten my hope up at all that it'll be someone other than the likes of a 40 year old divorcee Discarded by her husband ffs.

As long as I get my pipe blown it'll be a big step up, and thats as much as I can hope for.

MF'dYP

Considering he's been their first choice since January, I would have thought the only reason he won't be manager is if he knocks it back.

Anyone know whether passed players speak highly of his coaching abilities?

Aye CT Tiote said....

Now in charge of Wolfsburg, the former England coach served as Tioté's sometimes demanding mentor in the Netherlands. "Steve McClaren is a great manager, a great coach and a great person," says the midfielder, his face lighting up at the mention of a one-time Middlesbrough manager routinely mocked on Tyneside as "the Smoggy with the Brolly".

"We achieved a lot at Twente in his two years there. He taught me a lot and I improved a lot under him. Steve McClaren is a real coach, he demands a strong work ethic and players do give a lot for him."

:lol: This club is so fucking dull man, the fans cant even get excited for new manager hunts or transfer windows anymore. The fact there is still any possible lingering fear that Carver could still be in the running is fucking obscene, any other club and he'd be telling his Benidorm crew how gutted he is that Penfold got Adam Campbell to tell him he's sacked.

even if they were, we wouldn't have plans to interview any of them.

petulant ffs :lol:

How else would describe the statement that no good coaches would be interested in the top job at one of the biggest clubs in the English Premier League? Whimsy?