Jonas Gutierrez and Ryan Taylor released

Haydnator

It's nothing like being sacked though, if your contract is ending and there's been no discussion's about a new one, it's pretty obvious you're not staying somewhere.

Unless they've been strung along it's a bit of a nothing story tbh.

It would be common courtesy to have a word with them face to face just like they should have done with young Campbell.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Were Newcastle supposed to wait till they had finished their coaching course in Ireland before they told them or would they have rather seen it in the media first. They both knew their contracts would not be renewed and as Charnley has probably never ever spoken to them it makes sense for Carver to be the one to tell them, before it hit the media. Whether you are told by phone, text, in person, letter or on twitter, the result is the same.

What a load of crap. A 10 minute chat face to face before they left was all that required. Its cowardly crap, lacking basic courtesy and it creates an unnecessary stink. The club will have decided long ago to terminate their contracts so it couldve been easily sorted.

I'd go apeshit if someone sacked me over the phone, surprised you don't feel the same if it's happened to you?

Well, it was, quite similarly to this I suppose, the end of a contract term, got the call saying that it wasn't to be renewed.

If i'd shown up for work at any point I'd just have been told the same and gone home so :dunno:

What exactly was the false attribution?

I took it to mean that Jonas is saying that Colo didn't give any quotes?

Newcastle United captain Fabricio Coloccini has paid tribute to teammate and close friend Jonas Gutierrez, as the Argentine midfielder prepares to leave St. James' Park at the end of June.

Thirty-one-year-old Gutierrez is out of contract on Tyneside this summer and, after seven seasons and more than 200 appearances in the famous black and white stripes, will ply his trade elsewhere next term.

The majority of those outings for the Magpies have come alongside fellow countryman Coloccini.

And United's skipper told nufc.co.uk that Gutierrez will never be forgotten by those he shared a dressing room with and those on the terraces.

"Jonas has been a great player for Newcastle and someone who has given everything for the Club," Coloccini explained.

"He was here for seven years and that is a long time to be with one team. But this is football and life continues, and I am sure he will do well wherever his next club is.

"The fans here love him because in the worst days he was still here. Jonas stayed at the Club in its worst days - when we went down - and he helped get us straight back up again."

Gutierrez signed off his time on Tyneside with a goal against West Ham on the final day of the season, helping Newcastle secure their Premier League status for another season.

And Coloccini continued: "I am very proud of him for that moment.

"In my opinion, one of the biggest reasons we stayed in the Premier League this season was because Jonas was on the pitch in the final game.

"Scoring in front of the Gallowgate End in his last game for the Club was perfect."

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20150530/coloccini-hails-departing-gutierrez_2281670_4755178

I guess the inference being Colo knew Jonas was going before Jonas has expressed surprise after being told over the phone last night.

Have a representative hop on a plane to Ireland and sit down with both players individually, explain why the decision has been made, offer to help them find a new club if they'd like the assistance, then release a statement from someone at the club not on the playing staff which thanks both players for their service, and wish them well for the future.

Tie in the trip with scouting for players/commercial opportunities so it's value for money.

We need The Fish to be our PR man - that's the classy way to do things!

So Sammy got offered a new contract? Why would this be revealed to the public? And if they wanted him to sign one why wasnt it offered months ago.

All seems a bit odd to me.

As I understand it, because we've tabled an offer, it means that if any club do come in for him, they have to pay NUFC compensation because he's under 24.

:dunno: might be wrong though.

As I understand it, because we've tabled an offer, it means that if any club do come in for him, they have to pay NUFC compensation because he's under 24.

Sounds about right, think that's how we got Gosling for nowt that time.

What a load of crap. A 10 minute chat face to face before they left was all that required. Its cowardly crap, lacking basic courtesy and it creates an unnecessary stink. The club will have decided long ago to terminate their contracts so it couldve been easily sorted.

This tbh. I can't see why they couldn't have spoken to them before they left. They've known for a long time they wouldn't give them a new contract and I'm sure they new they were both heading off to Ireland.

It just lacks any decency.

This tbh. I can't see why they couldn't have spoken to them before they left. They've known for a long time they wouldn't give them a new contract and I'm sure they new they were both heading off to Ireland.

It just lacks any decency.

Aye it's either incompetence or inconsideration.

It's just funny now. They fuck up every simple thing like; be professional to your employees, have contingency plans, don't gamble on promoting the Rubbish Monster from the Fraggles to Head Coach...

So basically it sounds like we've offered him a shit contract and want the compensation. If he signs the shit contract he'll be a useful backup. Win-win for NUFC.

Aye. It's also typical of Carver to tell them it wasn't down to him. Desperate for the manager's job on one hand and completely unwilling to take any responsibility on the other. All the while confirming he's just a lickspittle whose self-concern vastly outweighs his much vaunted alleged love of the club. The thick charva cunt

So basically it sounds like we've offered him a shit contract and want the compensation. If he signs the shit contract he'll be a useful backup. Win-win for NUFC.

That's the way we roll.

Aye. It's also typical of Carver to tell them it wasn't down to him. Desperate for the manager's job on one hand and completely unwilling to take any responsibility on the other. All the while confirming he's just a lickspittle whose self-concern vastly outweighs his much vaunted alleged love of the club. The thick charva cunt

Just another of the cowardly arse kissers that plague the club from top to bottom.

Just another of the cowardly arse kissers that plague the club from top to bottom.

They all facilitate Ashley's regime. Mind, so do the fans who pay for tickets.

How hard was it going to be a to have a little meeting and part ways as decent human beings would? Pricks.

Charnley was too busy counting the toilet rolls in the store cupboard to do this sort of shizzle