The first thing that I would say is that I wish him all the best. I didn’t have any problem with him. He was a professional. He’s a nice lad, and that’s it.

“He was very clear (and said) ‘the way that I play, maybe, is not the way we have to play’. In another environment, in another division, and now with confidence, fine, he’s doing well.

“He’s in another team and it’s totally different. He had chances for us.

“He was playing more than Murphy, and Murphy was similar. You see the stats, but I will not waste too much time on that. I wish him well. If we are safe, they can be safe, no problem. For us, he was not the kind of player we were looking for. That’s it.”

- Rafa

If you need anymore than that to understand why he isn't here anymore then I'm afraid you just arnt capable of understanding

17 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

We couldn't very much do with him in the starting 11 because he refuses to comply with Benitez's tactical instructions. Not sure why that's difficult to grasp for you. If it was simply a case of accommodating him and playing him anyway then we might as well have Pardew picking the players. Benitez excels because of his system, his nous, his freakish attention to detail. If he changed any of that to accommodate Mitrovic then he wouldn't be a fucking top manager. Can we have this sink in now so that we don't need to revisit it next time he scores?

See, you're doing it again. There's a middle ground in here. Benitez is a very good manager. I understand it's important to him that all 10 outfield players work hard, chase down the ball and defend in numbers. I disagree that having Mitrovic playing instead of Josleu is going to make a massive difference to that tactic.

We are into the realms of fantasy now where Mitrovic never chased the ball, never held it up, never put a tackle in and could therefore never fit into  a Benitez team. I suggest you watch videos of him playing here. He grafted, unfortunately most of the time he had missiles launched at his head out of defence. Mitrovic had fewer chances than Diane, Dummett and Shelvey. We are reaping the benefits for persevering with those 3. Another team is benefiting from persevering with Mitrovic.

I saw this this morning and it reminded me of you :lol:

I like Benitez.

I don't think he should have sold Mitrovic.

That's allowed

Edited by Kid Dynamite

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

See, you're doing it again. There's a middle ground in here. Benitez is a very good manager. I understand it's important to him that all 10 outfield players work hard, chase down the ball and defend in numbers. I disagree that having Mitrovic playing instead of Josleu is going to make a massive difference to that tactic.

We are into the realms of fantasy now where Mitrovic never chased the ball, never held it up, never put a tackle in and could therefore never fit into  a Benitez team. I suggest you watch videos of him playing here. He grafted, unfortunately most of the time he had missiles launched at his head out of defence. Mitrovic had fewer chances than Diane, Dummett and Shelvey. We are reaping the benefits for persevering with those 3. Another team is benefiting from persevering with Mitrovic.

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

We are into the realms of fantasy now where Mitrovic never chased the ball, never held it up, never put a tackle in and could therefore never fit into  a Be itez team. Isuggest you watch videos of him playing here. He grafted, unfortunately most of the time he had missiles launched at his head out of defence. Mitrovic had fewer chances than Diane, Dummett and Shelvey. We are reaping the benefits for persevering with those 3. Another team is benefiting from persevering with Mitrovic.

We are into the realms of fantasy now where Mitrovic never chased the ball, never held it up, never put a tackle in and could therefore never fit into  a Be itez team. Isuggest you watch videos of him playing here. He grafted, unfortunately most of the time he had missiles launched at his head out of defence. Mitrovic had fewer chances than Diane, Dummett and Shelvey. We are reaping the benefits for persevering with those 3. Another team is benefiting from persevering with Mitrovic.

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

There comes a point where you're just getting childish tbh mate.

3 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I like Benitez.

I don't think he should have sold Mitrovic.

That's allowed

Maybe you do disagree but maybe that's why Benitez goes to elite coaches conventions whilst you go to pinball and panties meet-ups. 

We had a season with 'Mitro' playing remember, we got relegated. In a more gifted team too. Why do you suppose we finished 10th last season? 

We all wished the lad our best, he wasn't what we we needed in a mike Ashley funded squad, end of story. (He was blowing out of his arse in too many games I saw him start for us and blowing early on.).

• Like 1

I watched the Fulham game this morning. Irrespective of his goal he bossed Watford's defence. Bullied them and had them worried anytime a ball came into the final 3rd. Held up the play, chased down their defenders, brought Fulham's midfield into the game.

Basically the type of player Rafa is trying to mould Joselu/Rondon into :lol:

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I watched the Fulham game this morning. Irrespective of his goal he bossed Watford's defence. Bullied them and had them worried anytime a ball came into the final 3rd. Held up the play, chased down their defenders, brought Fulham's midfield into the game.

Exactly the type of player he openly and admittedly refused to be for Rafa then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

You know I watched the game as well and my immediate thought was where the fuck was this cunt when he played for us?

Seriously if he had of put half that effort into his games when he was at Newcastle we wouldn't be having this same stupid conversation over and over.

Potentially. Because he scored goals for fun at club and international level for Serbia, Fulham and Anderlecht.

Certain managers work better with certain players. Mitro not sticking rigidly to the game plan nearly gave Rafa a coronary every week. Other managers let him play more freely and they are seeing the benefit. 

Some forget that the radged  blood feud Balkan cunt couldn’t get any trust from Rafa because he was sent off three times the season we got relegated. He was suspended for a total of seven games. Things seem to have improved for him on that front, fair play to him.  I think a manager from the same part of the world who understands him and can play to his strengths helps enormously. He’s gone, we finished tenth largely without him last season. 

• Like 2

On 23/09/2018 at 12:33, PaddockLad said:

Some forget that the radged  blood feud Balkan cunt couldn’t get any trust from Rafa because he was sent off three times the season we got relegated. He was suspended for a total of seven games. Things seem to have improved for him on that front, fair play to him.  I think a manager from the same part of the world who understands him and can play to his strengths helps enormously. He’s gone, we finished tenth largely without him last season. 

Pretty sound analysis there.

20 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Shelvey lost a stone on Rafa's orders and his positional discipline is spot on, despite the tired "doesn't track back" cliché that lingered around in lazy parts of the media for some time.

True. But the "Mitrovic a red card magnet" cliche is as bad as the one trotted out in the media about Shelvey being a liability if he got picked for England.

Mitrovic has had 1 red card since May 2016

8 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

True. But the "Mitrovic a red card magnet" cliche is as bad as the one trotted out in the media about Shelvey being a liability if he got picked for England.

Mitrovic has had 1 red card since May 2016

A stat garnished by the fact that most of the time since has been spent on the bench for being a hot headed shit

Sure there was a retrospective ban in that period too iirc

Edited by TheGingerQuiff