Other games 2015/16

Kid Dynamite

But he wants his teams to play football the right way!*

*If the right way means getting them relegated or being spanked 4-0 off your local rivals.

:lol: Aye I always thought he was overrated to fuck, the pundits always had a love in when he was getting on a run that got Wigan out of the relegation spots (until of course they went down finally) but all ignored the fact he was in charge for the entire season that saw them put in that position of needing a run to survive.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always quite like Martinez as he always came across as quite honest in interviews and I would have been happy for us to go after him when he went to Everton as (what I believed to be) an upgrade on Pardew. At present he seems like a complete fraud. Phil McNulty on the BBC has done this article highlighting some of his 'nuggets' from post-match interviews where he's tried to pull the wool over the fans' eyes. I was also prepared to cut him some slack whilst at Wigan because of their limited resources but I think it's now apparent that his teams just can't defend. I think they might struggle next season if, say, Stones and/or Barkley were allowed to leave. The back four seems to be a bit past its best too.

I always quite like Martinez as he always came across as quite honest in interviews and I would have been happy for us to go after him when he went to Everton as (what I believed to be) an upgrade on Pardew. At present he seems like a complete fraud. Phil McNulty on the BBC has done this article highlighting some of his 'nuggets' from post-match interviews where he's tried to pull the wool over the fans' eyes. I was also prepared to cut him some slack whilst at Wigan because of their limited resources but I think it's now apparent that his teams just can't defend. I think they might struggle next season if, say, Stones and/or Barkley were allowed to leave. The back four seems to be a bit past its best too.

Everton fan I know insists their best period was when Moyes' defensive rigour hadn't yet been totally washed away by Martinez's attacking style.

[emoji38]I like that she calls her moy Moyes. Martinez's attacking style presumably translates as heavy flow.

In that it's bloody awful?

Amazing to me that McNulty can do a hit piece like that on the Everton manager, defending the fans anger, when he wrote this piece on Newcastle defending Pardew against supporter revolt when he ran off to Crystal Palace.

He says if Pardew had won a trophy fans wouldn't give him credit, but here Martinez is taking Everton to a semi-final and crediting Everton fans for seeing through it and wanting rid.

I don't know if it's xenophobia that leads to undue praise for English managers, or petty hatreds for certain clubs that lead to fans getting judged to a different standard, but either way I don't see how he could defend the contradictions between the two articles.

We see it time and again.

Amazing to me that McNulty can do a hit piece like that on the Everton manager, defending the fans anger, when he wrote this piece on Newcastle defending Pardew against supporter revolt when he ran off to Crystal Palace.

He says if Pardew had won a trophy fans wouldn't give him credit, but here Martinez is taking Everton to a semi-final and crediting Everton fans for seeing through it and wanting rid.

I don't know if it's xenophobia that leads to undue praise for English managers, or petty hatreds for certain clubs that lead to fans getting judged to a different standard, but either way I don't see how he could defend the contradictions between the two articles.

It's called an 'agenda' HF. :good:

Had a quick look and it turns out he's from Liverpool. Not that unrealistic to suggest he's an Everton fan. Martinez has come out with some pearlers mind. I totally take your point though and his allegiances shouldn't colour his views to that extent.

:lol: Aye I always thought he was overrated to fuck, the pundits always had a love in when he was getting on a run that got Wigan out of the relegation spots (until of course they went down finally) but all ignored the fact he was in charge for the entire season that saw them put in that position of needing a run to survive.

Bruce left Wigan in a decent position when Martinez took over too, but the media didn't like that bit

Edited by gpirlo68

Phil McNulty is a cunt. However, when he says the fans wouldnt have given him credit, he is just being factual. He is still a cunt though and that needs pointing out to him with cuntishness on the x axis and him on the y axis.

It's unfortunate for us that at least three of the managers that have completely tanked at the toon in recent years appear to have their mates in the mainstream football media (Souness, Allardyce, Pards). This has surely contributed to the agenda that HMHM mentioned. I don't have the feeling that xenophobia comes into it, as they are quite capable of licking foreign bums as well.

Phil McNulty is a cunt. However, when he says the fans wouldnt have given him credit, he is just being factual. He is still a cunt though and that needs pointing out to him with cuntishness on the x axis and him on the y axis.

:lol:

Bruce left Wigan in a decent position when Martinez took over too, but the media didn't like that bit

Aye didn't quite fit their narrative. The bloke is good at getting teams scoring, which is evident this season as they've outscored 4 teams above them (including 5th placed Man Utd), he just has no fucking clue how to organize a defence (conceded more than 4 teams below them and every team above them).