Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

:lol: Aye the talksport interviews he did when he arrived ffs, they were basically a full on mental breakdown.

I was in France on me hols and got a text off Scottish Mag telling me when it was announced. I swear I turned to my lass and said Joe Fucking Kinnear?

I was in France on me hols and got a text off Scottish Mag telling me when it was announced. I swear I turned to my lass and said Joe Fucking Kinnear?

i was surprised he was still alive, let alone in the market for a premier league manager position

Aye Keegan going was the gutter for me because it was the point when we all started to suspect they were really going to fuck it all up. That was the watershed moment - everything that followed was pretty much continuous farce until Rafa arrived, with a little interlude when we went down and came back up, but even that period wasn't without significant discontent. A thought that has crossed my mind a few times over the last few months is how frustrating it is that Ashley didn't give KK the level of control he's giving Rafa. With how poor the league has been for the last 7 or so years we would surely have won something by now. Unfortunately it's taken all that time, and 2 relegations, for the penny to drop (hopefully). 

Aye Keegan going was the gutter for me because it was the point when we all started to suspect they were really going to fuck it all up. That was the watershed moment - everything that followed was pretty much continuous farce until Rafa arrived, with a little interlude when we went down and came back up, but even that period wasn't without significant discontent. A thought that has crossed my mind a few times over the last few months is how frustrating it is that Ashley didn't give KK the level of control he's giving Rafa. With how poor the league has been for the last 7 or so years we would surely have won something by now. Unfortunately it's taken all that time, and 2 relegations, for the penny to drop (hopefully). 

we may find there's still a sting in the tail if/when we go back up with rafa. never count on this lot not to be cunts. 

even when we had that brief blip of a year or two of doing well under hughton/pardew, there will still some shit sandwiches to chow down on. the renaming of the stadium was around that time if i remember correctly. possibly the removal of the singing section too? 

I think the points been made a few times that KK would've done well and been happy with being given the money the subsequent relegation cost.

Aye that's it. And when you also factor in the money that's been spunked on the likes of Thauvin and Cabella, there's no doubt he would have spent far more wisely over the last few years. Nevermind, no point looking back I suppose, we just have to hope they're going to honour the commitment they've apparently given to Rafa. TIme will tell

Aye that's it. And when you also factor in the money that's been spunked on the likes of Thauvin and Cabella, there's no doubt he would have spent far more wisely over the last few years. Nevermind, no point looking back I suppose, we just have to hope they're going to honour the commitment they've apparently given to Rafa. TIme will tell

I know there's little point in going over old ground (but I'm going to anyway) but arguably Keegan's greatest strength was spotting players who could do a job. So Mike Ashley took that responsibility away from him and handed it to Dennis Wise. Worst thing was that Wise didn't even last very long after that. :lol:

In general i think there is very little racism in this country. Having said that, I came up for the Brighton game recently and this bloke a few rows behind me was a complete racist.  I think he was just doing it for cheap laughs for his mates. He'd clearly had a few run ins with other supporters around him.  Complete dick.

Of course there is, they get away with murder in some Eastern European countries, Italy, Spain, compared to what you see here. I remember watching Betis vs Malaga in Seville 10 years ago, a good quarter of the crowd were making monkey noises at Malaga's black centre forward. The crowd was probably 25k - 30k, so you're talking a good 6 thousand people getting involved. Never seen anything remotely on that scale over here, and a lad I got talking to in a cafe after the game told me it happens everytime there's a black player on the opposition team. It was one of the worst things I've seen in football but I couldn't find any mention of the chants in the media in the days after the game. I'd be interested to know if this task force has managed to stamp out that level of racism in the last 10 years.

• Guest locked this topic