Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

Be interesting to see how he copes with his place being under threat but you can't read too much into a single game. I wonder if Mourinho's finished.

I wasn't expecting massive progress this season. He's on record somewhere before iirc saying he doesn't like to make wholesale changes. One defender, one midfielder and one striker for the first team every summer. Probably take another summer or two to get them challenging at the very top.

I think Rooney has been moved about too much to try and accommodate him into sides, most players would just get dropped and it may lead them to work harder instead he just got played in another position and carried on sacking off training early to sit at home playing FIFA.

He's honestly been a shite professional over his career and that's what is hurting him, someone on the BBC did a thing comparing Rooney's and C. Ronaldo's seasons at 18 or 19 (or something) and Rooney had the better season by far but Ronaldo is a grafter on top of his talent and instead of just leaving training asap he trained more than anyone else. Rooney probably wouldn't be as good as Ronaldo even if he had grafted (impossible to know really) but he'd be a hell of a lot better than he is now. He has had excuses ready made his entire career, pundits always just mention "well that's how he's built" or shite along them lines but he's obviously not eating like he should if he was wanting to truly be a top top player, he got away with it a bit when he was younger but honestly he looks paggered half the time now, the bloke will be the size of a fucking house when he retires.

I genuinely hope there is a movement to oust Mourinho from Man Utd "fans" as it'll continue this cycle they've been on since Ferguson left. He will get it right but it's going to take a while, they don't have a squad equal to those challenging around them. They have some class players but they still have blokes like Jesse Lingaard playing somewhat regular. Rooney needs to be dropped but I do agree that Mourinho may be being told something because Rooney is paid ridiculous money and he probably brings in a lot of revenue for the club. While they're not doing well it's great to hear the entitled cunts fucking moan on man, as if Man Utd should just walk the league every year, he has to take a squad that finished 5th (albeit with some big money spent on it) and try and beat out 4 sides that finished above them that have hardly been weakened and most have improved, it's not going to happen in 4 months.

Listening to the Monday night club on 5 Live last night was laughable.  Some jurno wanking off Fergie saying he would never single out a player for being shite or whatever.  Then an ex pro (forgot who) basically told him he didnt single him out and arse rape him (Luke Shaw) for being on this earth, more of , he didnt do x good enough but he will learn.

Man Utd fucked up when Rooney held them to ransom and they gave in over (I think) the last two contracts he's had. He's simply not worth anything like the salary he's on and no other top club would consider paying him anything like what he's on there.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/21/arsene-wenger-arsenal-1966-premier-league-rivals-where-are-they-now

Can't believe Newcastle have had 15 permanent managers since Keegan left, especially given how long Pardew lasted.

Dalglish, Gullit, SBR, Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, Keegan again, JFK?*, Hughton, Pardew, McClaren, Rafa.

Who's missing? - Shearer and Carver only makes it 14.

* Does he even count?

Dalglish, Gullit, SBR, Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, Keegan again, JFK?*, Hughton, Pardew, McClaren, Rafa.

Who's missing? - Shearer and Carver only makes it 14.

* Does he even count?

Yeah I get the same as you, and it's only permanent managers, so caretakers shouldn't count, but they're defo counting Shearer, Carver, JFK.

Even looking at Wikipedia I can't see who else they're counting.

Edited by adios

Yeah I get the same as you, and it's only permanent managers, so caretakers shouldn't count, but they're defo counting Shearer, Carver, JFK.

Even looking at Wikipedia I can't see who else they're counting.

Had a look on .com on the transfers page. 15 different managers, caretaker or otherwise, have been involved in transfers (or one in Steve Clarke's case) since KK was manager first time round. I'm assuming a lazy journalist has gone there and just used that list as a reference. As has been pointed out that includes caretakers but misses out Pearson and McDermott.

I just don't see how we'll ever beat Joe Fuckin' Kinnear

Just for the sheer out of the blue nature of it. At least Carver made some sense in terms of our appearing to be safe and him already being here.

• Guest locked this topic