Generic small time football blather thread 2015/16

The Fish

Anyone got a Times subscription? Apparently that massive wanker Matthew Syed did a piece comparing footballers unfavourably with our sparkly Olympians yesterday and there's a piece countering it today by Tony Barret? ... Or Is there somewhere that publishesTimes content for us plebs out here?...

Anyone got a Times subscription? Apparently that massive wanker Matthew Syed did a piece comparing footballers unfavourably with our sparkly Olympians yesterday and there's a piece countering it today by Tony Barret? ... Or Is there somewhere that publishesTimes content for us plebs out here?...

Tbf footballers compare pretty unfavourably to any professional person not currently doing time imho.

Terry's about 34 or something now, isn't he? So by the time we're next at a tournament he'll be pushing 37. He could barely run even in his prime ffs. At 37 he'll be getting about with a zimmer frame.

Terry's about 34 or something now, isn't he? So by the time we're next at a tournament he'll be pushing 37. He could barely run even in his prime ffs. At 37 he'll be getting about with a zimmer frame.

Why the fuck is he going to need to run? All he's got to be able to do is boot the ball as far as he can and challenge at set-pieces.

Christ, imagine it though; John Terry has worked under Mourinho, Hiddink, Ancelotti, and now he'd have to take instructions from Sam fucking Allardyce. :lol:

I have some begrudging respect for that actually... :lol:

Did Wenger actually come out and blame club staff for not being able to buy players?

Probably made up tbh. Or they don't need the job. The only other option is they're a fucking idiot. Actually, they're not mutually exclusive

Ah really? What's the point in doing a letter like that if it's not real?

I've just read Wenger's comments, and they're not actually quite what is being conveyed in this letter anyway. Sounds to me like he's saying the club can't go out and spend £300m recklessly as it has a responsibility to other staff members - and I take that to mean, preserving their jobs by making sound financial decisions.

Edited by Rayvin

• Guest locked this topic