Capital One Cup 2015/16

Anorthernsoul

We might well be, but who gives a shit? It's still only August man and we've taken points from Man Utd and Southampton. We've had (arguably) the toughest start in the league and done ok.

Fair point, just worried about burning Colo out.

Well it will bother me if we're bottom after 4 games with Man City and Chelsea to play in the next 4 games.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it will bother me if we're bottom after 4 games with Man City and Chelsea to play in the next 4 games.

So what you're saying is that if we're bottom after 8 games, where we've face 6 of last years top 8 (and all of the top 4), you're going to toss your toys out the pram?

Chill out you massive bed-wetter, there'd still be 30 games, a transfer window and the inevitable sunderland implosion.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/newcastle-united/latest-nufc-news/florian-thauvin-and-siem-de-jong-set-to-start-for-newcastle-against-northampton-1-7426868?

“It will be nice if Thauvin can come in and have a game, Cheicky hasn’t played this season.

“The likes of Williamson would benefit from a game and Paul Dummett is coming back from injury. He might be on the bench.

“Siem de Jong should be chomping at the bit to play.

“It will be a strong team and a strong bench.” Vurnon Anita, who took a knock to his back on Saturday, will be rested along with Fabricio Coloccini.

“Meanwhile, Emmanuel Riviere is still a “few weeks” away after knee surgery.”

giphy.gif

Looking round I don't think we'll be able to watch it probably have to tune in on the wireless

Yeah, it's Luton - Stoke on Sky tonight. Can't imagine there'll be a feed of Newcastle entertaining Northampton Town. There'll be goal updates on SSN, though right?

Yeah, it's Luton - Stoke on Sky tonight. Can't imagine there'll be a feed of Newcastle entertaining Northampton Town. There'll be goal updates on SSN, though right?

I just thought they're may have been a dodgy rivierie to watch it on tonight.

I just thought they're may have been a dodgy rivierie to watch it on tonight.

I'd be surprised. Not enough interest in the League cup from abroad I'd guess.

How much is that in roman coins?

In working hours it's about six hours worth comprised of half an hour eating the bait his lass knocked up for him, half an hour of eating the latest concoction he made himself, an hour discussing immigrants, politics, benefits scroungers and where you can get cheaper metal detectors as well as decent camouflage jackets with his fellow enthusiasts, half an hour on his phone telling his lass what a great time he's having, half an hour telling his lass what he's found so far, half an hour taking pics of what he's found, half an hour posting on here about it, an hours rest with a flask of tea and about an hour walking around slowly with his detector.

I would go with Darlow, Janmaat, Mbemba, Lascelles, Haidara, Tiote, SDJ, Thauvin, Arrons, Perez and Mitrovic. That's assuming Dummett isn't fit yet and SDJ hasn't broken down again. Would like to see Toney and Kemen on the bench. Can't thin of anyone else worth giving a game.

I would go with Darlow, Janmaat, Mbemba, Lascelles, Haidara, Tiote, SDJ, Thauvin, Arrons, Perez and Mitrovic. That's assuming Dummett isn't fit yet and SDJ hasn't broken down again. Would like to see Toney and Kemen on the bench. Can't thin of anyone else worth giving a game.

4-4-2? Tiote & SDJ in the centre?

This lot put out the scousers in this competition when Hodgson was manager. We've annihilated Pardew and Ashley for their cup selection policy. Now there's some on here wanting to completely change Saturdays team?? I wouldn't make any more than a couple of changes. I certainly wouldn't be playing Williamson.

This lot put out the scousers in this competition when Hodgson was manager. We've annihilated Pardew and Ashley for their cup selection policy. Now there's some on here wanting to completely change Saturdays team?? I wouldn't make any more than a couple of changes. I certainly wouldn't be playing Williamson.

I see you've underestimated the fickle nature of football fans...:lol: