Man Utd V Newcastle United //12.45 KO

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perez what a little Bobby dazzler

In the Sunday Sun marks he got a 4. I was staggered by that as in the game I watched he was superb. He looked ready made for that position supporting Mitrovic and helping out Haidara on the left.

Tbf I couldn't fault anyone on Saturday. Yes we looked like we were going to get murdered in the first fifteen or twenty minutes but after that we held onto the ball much better and defended in a manner I've not seen for years. Two promising games out of three so far. Hopefully Mitrovic will start on Tuesday and get a goal to set him up nicely for Saturday.

In the Sunday Sun marks he got a 4. I was staggered by that as in the game I watched he was superb. He looked ready made for that position supporting Mitrovic and helping out Haidara on the left.

Tbf I couldn't fault anyone on Saturday. Yes we looked like we were going to get murdered in the first fifteen or twenty minutes but after that we held onto the ball much better and defended in a manner I've not seen for years. Two promising games out of three so far. Hopefully Mitrovic will start on Tuesday and get a goal to set him up nicely for Saturday.

Aye, the journalist who gave him that has been getting pelters and rightly so. Probably already said it on here, but he was outstanding in an unfamiliar position in a restricted role. Against weaker sides he'd get more opportunities to attack from the wing. That said, I think he'll lose his place on the wing, probably to Thauvin.

I'm taking positives from the 2 draws. Last game we were very solid in defence and had threats on the counter. We set up to frustrate Man Utd and succeeded, under Pardew we would not have been celebrating a hard won point.

I'm torn with the cup game, do we play as near to our 1st team as possible, or rest a couple of the legs that we'll need in the next few league games? (Legs to defend against Arsenal and legs to get much needed points from West Ham & Watford).

I think Perez will stay in that position tbh.

Him, Wijnaldum and Thauvin supporting Mitrovic as our front 4 depending on whether Sissoko can be arsed or is still with us.

Aye, the journalist who gave him that has been getting pelters and rightly so. Probably already said it on here, but he was outstanding in an unfamiliar position in a restricted role. Against weaker sides he'd get more opportunities to attack from the wing. That said, I think he'll lose his place on the wing, probably to Thauvin.

I'm taking positives from the 2 draws. Last game we were very solid in defence and had threats on the counter. We set up to frustrate Man Utd and succeeded, under Pardew we would not have been celebrating a hard won point.

I'm torn with the cup game, do we play as near to our 1st team as possible, or rest a couple of the legs that we'll need in the next few league games? (Legs to defend against Arsenal and legs to get much needed points from West Ham & Watford).

I'd keep Perez in with Thauvin and drop Obertan and Sissoko.

I think we can make a few changes without weakening the team too much for Tuesday. Bring in Darlow, Thavin, Tiote, Aarons, SDJ and maybe Lascelles (although I am concerned he can't get on the bench ahead of Williamson) and give more game time to Perez, Mitro, Mbemba and play whoever else around them. That should be more than strong enough to beat Northampton, give a few player who could be important and run out and give a few others a bit more chance to settle in. I think it would be daft to expect a full first team against a league two side and we really shouldn't need one.

I'd keep Perez in with Thauvin and drop Obertan and Sissoko.

I think we can make a few changes without weakening the team too much for Tuesday. Bring in Darlow, Thavin, Tiote, Aarons, SDJ and maybe Lascelles (although I am concerned he can't get on the bench ahead of Williamson) and give more game time to Perez, Mitro, Mbemba and play whoever else around them. That should be more than strong enough to beat Northampton, give a few player who could be important and run out and give a few others a bit more chance to settle in. I think it would be daft to expect a full first team against a league two side and we really shouldn't need one.

Agree with that. Maybe put Toney on the bench, for the "narrative".

Well that would go with the romance of the cup!

:lol:

Knowing our luck, he'll Ronnie Radford an own-goal into the top corner that we'll see for the rest of our lives.

I'd be tempted to try Sissoko in a deeper role. If we're wanting to play out of defence his bursting runs might be an asset there and help us break quickly, and Colback offers nothing anyway.

Agree, I think he'd terrify the Northampton centre. I also think that the middle should be his best position, so games against poorer opposition might give him the confidence to make it his own.

I thought Perez did well.When he received the ball with his back to goal he always seemed to turn his marker and start attacks.Unfortunately when he turned to our right that useless lazy twat Obertan was either stationary of walking slowly so the attack stops.This useless lazy twat called Obertan has no basic idea what to do with or without the ball 99% of the time yet he gets dropped then brought back regularly.I cannot think of anyone who would contribute less than the twat in every position he has been picked in.

I thought Perez did well.When he received the ball with his back to goal he always seemed to turn his marker and start attacks.Unfortunately when he turned to our right that useless lazy twat Obertan was either stationary of walking slowly so the attack stops.This useless lazy twat called Obertan has no basic idea what to do with or without the ball 99% of the time yet he gets dropped then brought back regularly.I cannot think of anyone who would contribute less than the twat in every position he has been picked in.

Really? You seem to have a new one every week.

Agree, I think he'd terrify the Northampton centre. I also think that the middle should be his best position, so games against poorer opposition might give him the confidence to make it his own.

Seriously doubt Sissoko will play after not being fit for the last game. I'm fairly sure they'll hold him back for the weekend.

Seriously doubt Sissoko will play after not being fit for the last game. I'm fairly sure they'll hold him back for the weekend.

Maybe, he seemed to suggest he was close to fitness; a run out against lower league opposition might just the kind of warm up he needs?