Man Utd V Newcastle United //12.45 KO

Anorthernsoul

Janmaat would have been about 2 yards behind our defensive line and played Rooney onside for that goal btw

As you know it was Taylor in this instance, wouldn't say the linesman was wrong here either. Either way there's no telling if Rooney would have put the ball in the back of the net if Taylor didn't peel off after the flag was shown.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought it was a cracking game, did very well considering, most on here, were predicting a mauling. Definitely have Janmaat back next week,he offers more in attack. Taylor did okay, Colo was immense as was Krul. Anita is your typical snapping bull terrier, had a good I thought. Definitely swap Colback for Tiote especially at away games. Shame Thauvin didn't get onto that ball. I really like Gini he's very impressive and will adapt much quicker than others to the Premier League as will Mitrovich. Think Mbemba should be Colos partner, goodness he has leap on him that boy has. All in all it was a good game which we will only improve as we play more.

Aye Colo was good today and Taylor played well after a shaky start, Mbemba is really starting to look class I've no clue what game the pundits and mackems that are saying he looked shite were watching.

I'd still like to see a CB and LB come in but since that's extremely unlikely it was nice to see Taylor and Colo playing well, if Taylor can stay fit there's no way Williamson should be anywhere near the match squad which is a relief.

Wijnaldum is getting better every game for me, he's really becoming a hub and he seems to be very hard to knock off the ball. Perez had a brilliant match for me and worked hard all game, him and Thauvin should start on the wings against Arsenal with Sissoko taking Colback's place in the middle (or Tiote if he can work his way back to form) as I think Colback is really starting to come up a bit short in this formation.

Colback and Obertan should never start again.

Cosigned.

Obertan's had his chance of a reprieve under Schteve and can now get fucked.

Colback is just average and is going to get found out vs any half decent team. Wouldn't be devastated to have him on the bench, but that's about it.

I'm going to go against the grain here and say "United" shaded it. Lucky to get a point, couldn't keep the ball for large patches, but deserved in its own right because of a dogged defensive performance.

The whole team deserve credit for that, even Colback who showed up in a dog shit team last season as bang average. They all worked their knackers off.

Could have lost, could have nicked it at the end. One thing for sure though, if we had gone there with Pardew or Carver in charge we would have folded in those first 15 and been comfortably beaten.

Hearing Shearer call them United on motd.

Fuck off, mate. Does he do that with his mates in his box? Going essembee here like, but, coward for conforming to the national media's narrative.

Man Utd have looked shite so far this season yet they've continued to win. Will take a while for all their signings to gel and I'm hoping for a 1-1 but I'm certain I'll be calling them lucky bastards after a 1-0 defeat.

"Certain"