Newcastle V Stoke/ 31st October / 3pm / SJP

Happy Face

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pains me to say it but Stoke look a solid unit this season and play some decent football. I fucking hate that club though, shit club with shit fans and a shit ground.

Lord let the goals rain down for us this week.

Hopefully they go down to 9 men again and another Halloween 5-1 comes for us. ;)

I've got no idea how any of our matches will go these days. I do actually like what McClaren seems to be doing, we are playing better stuff than we have in years but obviously results haven't followed yet. But we're through the tough run of games now so we need to start a positive run. Of course it would help if we could finish a game with 11 men on the pitch and being awarded a penalty for a change wouldn't hurt!

From McClarens press conference

"Vernon has done very well this season.

At some stages we have needed a more attacking midfield player there and he has been sacrificed for that.

In every game he has been great for us and he has been disciplined.

He knows the job and does the job.

He is a tough character and that is something, without Jack, we will need in the up and coming games"