Donald Trump

Anorthernsoul

On 12/03/2024 at 18:47, Renton said:

I dunno. Haley showed there are a sizable proportion of Republican "Never Trumpers" and apparently most independents aren't keen. Whether Biden can get his vote out is another matter too I guess. I'm no expert, all the news I hear from the States is partisan and I may be in an echo chamber. But I am just hoping that, when it comes down to it, most Americans will value their democracy above everything else. 

Sorry to disappoint you again, but Haley not quite a never Trumper

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/05/22/politics/nikki-haley-donald-trump/index.html

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Urghhh. How man, will you stop pissing on my chips Spongey? I can only deal with one election at a time.  ;)

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I've given up giving a fuck about America. The place seems lost to the lunatics. 

Just as well true patriots like Farage aren't like you. 

• Haha 2

Been following the trial closely, currently the summing up, prosecution has the defence on toast, he's guilty as fuck. BUT this is America where OJ walked free so nothing is certain.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Been following the trial closely, currently the summing up, prosecution has the defence on toast, he's guilty as fuck. BUT this is America where OJ walked free so nothing is certain.

Did they manage to get a glove small enough to fit on his tiny hand this time though? 

• Haha 4

So we may get a verdict later tonight?…

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/trump-trial-jury-verdict-deliberations-day-2/

Am hoping that if he’s found guilty that may be enough for any wavering voters (if there’s any such thing in the US now? 🤷🏻‍♂️) not to vote for him in November. If he’s exonerated then I think there’s a good chance he’ll beat Biden. And that spells disaster for the entire planet. I think he’ll undoubtedly remove the US from NATO at which point I think Putin will roll the tanks into one or all of the Baltic states.. 

Been listening to the incomparable Sarah Kendzior’s latest book They Knew…her previous work Hiding in Plain Sight is also essential. In a way it’s simple; the following is her words and it is all you need to know about Trump and the mortal threat he places us all under if he’s re elected

IMG_4637.jpeg

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Am hoping that if he’s found guilty that may be enough for any wavering voters (if there’s any such thing in the US now? 🤷🏻‍♂️) not to vote for him in November. If he’s exonerated then I think there’s a good chance he’ll beat Biden. And that spells disaster for the entire planet. I think he’ll undoubtedly remove the US from NATO at which point I think Putin will roll the tanks into one or all of the Baltic states.. 

Been listening to the incomparable Sarah Kendzior’s latest book They Knew…her previous work Hiding in Plain Sight is also essential. In a way it’s simple; the following is her words and it is all you need to know about Trump and the mortal threat he places us all under if he’s re elected

IMG_4637.jpeg

My biggest fear of Trump getting back in is that the conflicts in Ukraine and Palestine escalate into a global conflict. Putin becomes emboldened because his stooge is back in office, and said stooge will absolutely declare war on Iran - which he tried to do until covid shagged his plans up the arse.

He needs to be found guilty for the good of the planet IMO. But this is the American government and justice system where common sense is often viewed as a dirty word.

2 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

My biggest fear of Trump getting back in is that the conflicts in Ukraine and Palestine escalate into a global conflict. Putin becomes emboldened because his stooge is back in office, and said stooge will absolutely declare war on Iran - which he tried to do until covid shagged his plans up the arse.

He needs to be found guilty for the good of the planet IMO. But this is the American government and justice system where common sense is often viewed as a dirty word.

Here's hoping the shady cabal of Tyneside businessmen have a reach farther than even RTG fear.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Putin will roll the tanks into one or all of the Baltic states.

I share your fears but how realistic is it that Putin would take on even a US-less NATO which still includes two nuclear powers? Given he's only managed to nibble the sides of Ukraine (so far after >2 years) I just don't think he has the capacity or capability. I see the Russian military as busted flush tbh. Iran is also an ally of Russia so if Trump did anything there it would probably drag the two into conflict anyway, while China gets the popcorn out and eyes up Taiwan. 

For me, it's not so much Trump that disturbs me. It is that the US public is so far gone they could let it happen in the first place - twice. I would not rule out some form of civil war at some point, a worrying prospect in a country with twice as many guns as people.  

The court case is win win for Trump. No chance of jail time if found guilty (victimless crime) and he will play the victim card. If he is not found guilty (much mmore likely) then he will feel vindicated. Best hope we have is for his insanity to reach new peaks in the next few months and that being enough to wake up people to his threat. Or for him to die. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

IMG_4637.jpeg

This supports a point I've made in the past. Biden is actually more dangerous than Trump because he pursues a lot of the same policies, but more efficiently and without any pushback from the media or " the resistance"

Biden's border policy is worse than Trumps, just without the rhetoric and without protests from the "left"

At least if Trump gets elected there will be people on the streets protesting, Biden just gets to float through

I'm not having that like. Trump represents the end of democracy in America if he gets re-elected. He nearly managed it last time, and this time he'll ensure that he dismantles any and all checks and balances so that he can finish the job. He's already corrupted the judiciary and the entire GOP, that part is done going in this time. 

You might not like Biden's policies, but he doesn't have designs on being a dictator. 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'm not having that like. Trump represents the end of democracy in America if he gets re-elected. He nearly managed it last time, and this time he'll ensure that he dismantles any and all checks and balances so that he can finish the job. He's already corrupted the judiciary and the entire GOP, that part is done going in this time. 

You might not like Biden's policies, but he doesn't have designs on being a dictator. 

Yeah Jan 6th was a dress rehearsal. If he wins the only way he leaves office is in a wooden box. Think about the implications of that… 

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

This supports a point I've made in the past. Biden is actually more dangerous than Trump because he pursues a lot of the same policies, but more efficiently and without any pushback from the media or " the resistance"

Biden's border policy is worse than Trumps, just without the rhetoric and without protests from the "left"

At least if Trump gets elected there will be people on the streets protesting, Biden just gets to float through

The media concentrate on sideshows where Trump is concerned. Even outside of Fox they’re too complicit, scared off by Trump’s army of lawyers that have kept him away from consequences for five decades and in some cases literally involved with him (see that cunt Morgan for details) to actually call him out for what his is; the head of an international crime syndicate. This is the point Kendzior says people miss. He’s literally a 21st century senior Mafia/mob figure . His film appearances, reality tv show and divorces are all a sideshow to distract. They make him a hideous person . They all mask his true function though; to break up the US and sell it piece by piece to his associates across the planet. 

Biden’s party are all complicit. They’re in it up to their necks so won’t stand up to him in any significant way. See also DoJ, FBI, law enforcement in general. Hes put placemen in and bought off every significant figure who may be trouble for him in every institution in the US . It’s happening in front of our eyes, Kendzior only uses publicly available sources . Here’s one. Does anyone beleive this isn’t true? 

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/04/donald-trump-teenage-rape-accusations-lawsuit-dropped

IMG_4641.png

Edited by PaddockLad

2 hours ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Biden represents the political hegemony. It is far from perfect but has worked for most people in the West since WW2, and actually achieved great things such as in health, education, and living standards. I think your criticism of him is a bit OTT tbh and suggesting he is worse than Trump is astonishing. 

Biden being reelected you won't notice much here. Trump gets elected and I can almost certainly guarantee things will get worse for all the people of Europe, including you and your family. He's a monster intent on destroying the most powerful democracy on the planet. He's a grotesque narcissistic psychopath. It was bad enough first time, next time he is unleashed and you'll be begging for someone like Biden back. 

I am worried tbh. For all it's flaws, I remember as a kid the US always seemed like some utopia compared with here, it was truly aspirational. Now I wouldn't go there if you paid me except for work, when I guess they are paying me. I'm essentially owned by Americans as are many of us.

I just try to put it to the back of my mind, but with the UK being isolated outside the EU, outside the 3 super powers, times are more uncertain than ever before. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

The media concentrate on sideshows where Trump is concerned. Even outside of Fox they’re too complicit, scared off by Trump’s army of lawyers that have kept him away from consequences for five decades and in some cases literally involved with him (see that cunt Morgan for details) to actually call him out for what his is; the head of an international crime syndicate. This is the point Kendzior says people miss. He’s literally a 21st century senior Mafia/mob figure . His film appearances, reality tv show and divorces are all a sideshow to distract. They make him a hideous person . They all mask his true function though; to break up the US and sell it piece by piece to his associates across the planet. 

Biden’s party are all complicit. They’re in it up to their necks so won’t stand up to him in any significant way. See also DoJ, FBI, law enforcement in general. Hes put placemen in and bought off every significant figure who may be trouble for him in every institution in the US . It’s happening in front of our eyes, Kendzior only uses publicly available sources . Here’s one. Does anyone beleive this isn’t true? 

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/04/donald-trump-teenage-rape-accusations-lawsuit-dropped

IMG_4641.png

I’ve read the court documents for this.  Deeply disturbing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Renton said:

and suggesting he is worse than Trump

I'm not saying he is worse than Trump, you misunderstand my point. Trump is an idiot and also faces a huge amount of opposition from the media

Biden has hugely raised the military budget, hugely increasesd funding for the police, has detained more immigrants than Trump, is supplying huge amounts of arms to Isreal,  but because he isn't Trump he doesn't get any pushback. 

As per the article @Dr Gloom posted he has done nothing to call Trump to account for the insurrection

2 sides of the same coin. Owned by the same people, working for the same paymasters, Biden does it without being a nutter though

2 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I'm not saying he is worse than Trump, you misunderstand my point. Trump is an idiot and also faces a huge amount of opposition from the media

Biden has hugely raised the military budget, hugely increasesd funding for the police, has detained more immigrants than Trump, is supplying huge amounts of arms to Isreal,  but because he isn't Trump he doesn't get any pushback. 

As per the article @Dr Gloom posted he has done nothing to call Trump to account for the insurrection

2 sides of the same coin. Owned by the same people, working for the same paymasters, Biden does it without being a nutter though

Sorry, but Trump and the Maga fascists are a totally different currency.

• Like 2