Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United

Howmanheyman

:lol:

Marveaux hasn't played a minute of Premier League football for us since March 25th 2014. He's managed the sum total of 2 hours of U21 football and you reckon he should start?

Stop being silly.

He's been turning out for the u21's last couple of weeks to get his match fitness up. He's also been in the match day squad the last two games. Soon!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been turning out for the u21's last couple of weeks to get his match fitness up. He's also been in the match day squad the last two games. Soon!

From where do you get this faith that he'll suddenly discover a quality that has thus far been stark in its absence?

Marveaux managed 4 assists & 1 goal in 24 games in Ligue 1 last season,

Ben Arfa has 2 assists & 7 goals in 17 games in Ligue 1 so far this season.

Yet you've never seem enamoured with wor Hatem.

HBA had to go.Marveaux has to go.Obertan has to go.Gouffran has to go.The last 3 have shown very little ability since coming to SJP yet Gouffran again is spending minutes on the pitch,Obertan will recover from injury and do the same and now Marveaux is a fans favourite and should be spending time on the pitch.Is there really nobody coming through with more ability than those 3 wasters.

I'd have a midfield 2 of Colback and Wijnaldum, De Jong just ahead of them, with Perez and Sissoko on the wings and Mitrovic up front.

that could work, if you give wijnaldum the license to bomb on a bit and fill the gap vacated by perez if we want to attack with two up top

Why not go the whole hog and pick 11 attacking players.FFS man,we'd concede 5 minimum every game with that set up

We used to play with Batty, Lee, Gillespie, Ginola, Beardsley and Ferdinand as our six players ahead of the back four and we nearly won the league. Of course they were better players but that was a no more attacking line up. I can't see why you would think we would conceed so many with that line up. Mind you I can't work out why you think any of the things you do!

Gillespie didn't track back any more than the players we have now. Ginola never tracked back at all. Batty was a defensive midfielder as is Colback. Lee did most of his work in the opposition third at that point before he started to drop back as he got older. Stick to your speciallist subject.

Gillespie tackled when getting back.I never said Ginola tracked back.Yes Batty was a defensive midfield player,i knew that of course,and there the comparison with Colback ends.Lee was never totally an attacking midfield player,more a probing player who would start attacks from midfield by feeding the more gifted players in the team,so very rarely scored for us and not many assists.Again you are coming across as someone who hasn't much idea about football or who has only attended a few football matches.

10 seasons 44 goals for us and a few of those in the old second division.Pound for pound i'd say Lee and Vennison have been our best buys from other league clubs,otherwise you'd have to put Waddle in there.You won't know this of course but our defensive record in the Prem when Keegan was in charge was nowhere near as bad as the so called experts make out. Shalom

10 seasons 44 goals for us and a few of those in the old second division.Pound for pound i'd say Lee and Vennison have been our best buys from other league clubs,otherwise you'd have to put Waddle in there.You won't know this of course but our defensive record in the Prem when Keegan was in charge was nowhere near as bad as the so called experts make out. Shalom

56 goals actually.

Beardsley, Given?