Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

So what about the Rafa quotes on West Ham link? Leaving the door open? 

“I don’t see any big change now at the club as a whole. I am giving you my answer – I don’t see any big changes at the club in January.

I have a lot of respect for West Ham because when I was in contact with them, they were really good and professional.

But I am really happy here and then we carry on trying to win games.

It’s not easy for me. They were really nice and really good with me. At the moment, I’m really pleased here.

I’m not thinking about anything like that – just winning against Wigan and getting promoted at the end of the season.”

Source is NUFC Blog, but attributed to Chronicle.

Standard 'not answering the question' answer. Can't imagine anything changing, but if Ashley suddenly decides he wants to sell Lascelles, Gayle and Shelvey under Rafa's nose, he might think "Fuck this!"

Also, can you see him swapping a team that's odds on to be in the top flight next year vs a team that might not? Especially as he pursued us, he remoulded us, he is putting down the foundations of something special here. I can't see him trading that for the Dildo Twins and upping sticks to London when such a big thing was made of him staying close® to where his family have put down roots.

plus we sang for him, which has to count for something too... right?

That is just him being polite, the first sentence is him fairly clearly saying no imo. 

As Fish says what would be the point? A massive reason he took the job at us was so he could stay close to his family in Liverpool, why would he swap one half done rebuilding project for another one that is currently in demolition? never mind one that is further away from home. He'd only consider leaving us for a genuine big job, no point leaving us for a relegation battler.

Yeah let's be honest here that's a lot closer to 'yes I'd consider it' than we'd probably all like it to be. A lot of that could come from the fact that he doesn't want to burn any bridges of course, but I'm a little surprised to read that.

That is just him being polite, the first sentence is him fairly clearly saying no imo. 

As Fish says what would be the point? A massive reason he took the job at us was so he could stay close to his family in Liverpool, why would he swap one half done rebuilding project for another one that is currently in demolition? never mind one that is further away from home. He'd only consider leaving us for a genuine big job, no point leaving us for a relegation battler.

HOW ABOUT THEM FACTS YA CHEEKY FUCKING SOPPYBOLLOCKS!!

;)

Yeah let's be honest here that's a lot closer to 'yes I'd consider it' than we'd probably all like it to be. A lot of that could come from the fact that he doesn't want to burn any bridges of course, but I'm a little surprised to read that.

I wouldn't read too much into it beyond, as Howay says, politeness. 

He's like KK, he knows you should say all the right things. No need to give a perceived insult West Ham or their fans. I think that's about it really.

Aye I'm risking my rep by basing my opinion on a statement by you after dummett-gate, maybe I should retract.

You'll have to retract my boot from your backside if you try it, sunshine.

You'll have to retract my boot from your backside if you try it, sunshine.

:lol:

First dressing fiction as fact and now threatening, are you Lee Ryder?

"Aftaaa Dummett-gate aal me hataz lumped on, but ah telt them yee divvint become the loyal footsoldier that the knight Rydah is wivvoot stomping on some huckles nappas. lol"

He's like KK, he knows you should say all the right things. No need to give a perceived insult West Ham or their fans. I think that's about it really.

Fair enough I guess. If you guys are satisfied that there's nothing in it then I'll bow to the wisdom of the crowd.

"Aftaaa Dummett-gate aal me hataz lumped on, but ah telt them yee divvint become the loyal footsoldier that the knight Rydah is wivvoot stomping on some huckles nappas. lol"

We're both bald :dunno:

Fair enough I guess. If you guys are satisfied that there's nothing in it then I'll bow to the wisdom of the crowd.

We'll soon find out the way West Ham are going. I like Bilic as well so would like to see him turn it round.

I thought Payet had been playing ok? All the noises seem to be that they're going to struggle to keep him. Sounds like the issue is everything else - maybe the stadium move was more unsettling than anticipated.

Wonder why it's gone off the rails so badly? Was Payet just a 1 season wonder?

I think he's still a quality player but he's in a bit of a sulk he didn't get his move probably, that coupled with the fact teams are intentionally planning for him now like they are Mahrez whereas last season he was a more unknown quantity. 

Hey, if you don't know, I certainly don't

:lol: Fucker.

They took a load of their points off traditionally top sides, who have all improved this year? Last season they took 21pts off those teams, this year they've met them all and have only taken 2pts from the 6 fixtures against the traditional top 6.

They signed a load of shite in the summer so that's probably why. Just a load of players to buff up the squad not to better it.

Just looked at that, only £53m spent, and c£30m of that was on Andre Ayew and Lanzini.

"Wha-wha-what the fuck is this shit? Is them me toes you're standing on or what? Ah've fried bigger fish than yee, son. Leave the Ryder craic to the real McCoy, capisce, bonny lad?"