Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

Could be effectively 10 points clear of playoff places tonight.

Starting to feel @@Howay levels of optimism seeing not only Huddersfield, but Brighton and Norwich also dropping off the pace.

Could be effectively 10 points clear of playoff places tonight.

Starting to feel @@Howay levels of optimism seeing not only Huddersfield, but Brighton and Norwich also dropping off the pace.

:lol: Aye I always thought Huddersfield would drop off at some point due to their aggressive play style, thin squad, and lack of clear comfortable wins, I thought it would be over the xmas period mind.

Surprised at Norwich's drop off and how Brighton have hung with us, I think the congested xmas period will really test Brighton mind as our lot look fresh. A 5 point gap over 2nd would be class this early in the season, let alone 11 off play offs. Rafa has really changed everything about this side and the whole club is buzzing, what a bloke.

Aye he's head and shoulders above anything in this league, and tbh more than half of the league above. I read an article interviewing Hayden and he was talking about the impact Rafa is having, he said the England U21 coaches are amazed at the difference they've seen in him which is mostly his reading of the game, apparently Hayden comes up with different answers to most when they give him on-field situations and ask what he would do. Hayden obviously said Wenger was quality too but he said Rafa is very vocal and like Wenger picks up on everything the players do, the planning is meticulous.

Remember Steve McClaren sitting up in the stands for the first half, then calling the bench to make changes. By comparison, Rafa is constantly shaping the team to react to what he's seeing, constantly directing players, seeing us go 2-0 up away from home and instead of punching the air and trying to find a camera to gurn for, he's scribbling a note, working out what the opposition is likely to do after going 2-0 down.

Fucking love him me

Remember Steve McClaren sitting up in the stands for the first half, then calling the bench to make changes. By comparison, Rafa is constantly shaping the team to react to what he's seeing, constantly directing players, seeing us go 2-0 up away from home and instead of punching the air and trying to find a camera to gurn for, he's scribbling a note, working out what the opposition is likely to do after going 2-0 down.

Fucking love him me

It's mint.  I had a timehop reminder this morning, this time last year we were calling for McClaren to fuck off.

Rafa is mint.  He NEVER stops working during the game, its brilliant to see.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how he does next year. Some of the journalists were speculating that our team would be midtable in the PL at the moment were we in it, and while we can't be sure if that's true, I'd imagine we're not far off that point.

Have also been pleased that we've not heard a squeak out of Penfold or Ashley this year so far.

Fucking love him me

Aye, the best thing that has happened to the club in fucking ages

still don't think dummet is up to it at left back in the PL, or anita at right back, tbh. they've both been good in the championship but those are two key areas i reckon we'd need to address. 

still don't think dummet is up to it at left back in the PL, or anita at right back, tbh. they've both been good in the championship but those are two key areas i reckon we'd need to address.

Dummett looks sloppy enough in this division tbh, he's not causing major problems but he loses his man/the ball in dangerous areas and it'll get exposed (as it did) in the PL, I've not got any problem with him remaining LB for the season (I would like to see Lazaar mind :lol:) but we definitely need an upgrade for next season.

As you say, I don't think he'd go to them. Although apparently a year ago he was 'within 3 hours' of signing for them, so he's clearly given it thought before.

It's actually hard to imagine who Rafa might leave us for, given his supposed love of projects. I could see him leaving for another project when he feels he's taken us as far as he can, but it's not like he needs the ego boost of moving to one of the top teams. Would he go somewhere like Arsenal?

Rafa is in it for the log haul. I genuinely believe he has bought into us as his project. Rebuilding us from the ground up and re-establishing us as a top side - under Ashley's stewardship no less - would be up there with his greatest achievements.