Rafa Benitez

Anorthernsoul

Has he ever worked for a monumental arsehole like Ashley thoug? Top managers won't put up with this shit. Keegan didn't, neither will Rafa. Only the likes of pardew and carver will be happy to be here - even when working with their hands tied behind their backs

Has he ever worked for a monumental arsehole like Ashley thoug? Top managers won't put up with this shit. Keegan didn't, neither will Rafa. Only the likes of pardew and carver will be happy to be here - even when working with their hands tied behind their backs

Hicks and Gillett, whomever was in charge at Real Madrid during his tenure. I'm hoping this leak tilts the power to Rafa and we see changes in the boardroom, but I expect Rafa will get a satisfactory amount of money to spend in the summer and there'll be no changes in the boardroom. 

Apparently was given a £30m in the summer & told he didn't have to sell. Understandably, having actually made £35m profit, he thought there'd be money to spend in Jan.

Something clearly shifted in the mindset of our fucking psychotic owner.

I like how Ashley is apparently gutted we're not top after the outlay in the summer. A summer where we made 30 million :lol: Is that how he expects us to go on in the Premier League? Make a profit every year but climb the league. Right you are

Briefing against Ashley to the press may even see him off before then tbh. It looks like Ashley just hasn't even bothered to try to come to some sort of compromise about funds, he's just left it to Charnley and Carr who appear to have just fucked Rafa over. I thought yesterday the relationship may be salvageable but that looks unlikely now.

Graham Carr seems to wield far too much power for a bloke who has a 30% success rate with signings since he stumbled on Cabaye. It's telling that some of the players we were after on deadline day were certainly Carr specials i.e. Cheap players from leagues vastly different to ours

Hicks and Gillett, whomever was in charge at Real Madrid during his tenure. I'm hoping this leak tilts the power to Rafa and we see changes in the boardroom, but I expect Rafa will get a satisfactory amount of money to spend in the summer and there'll be no changes in the boardroom.

Pretty sure they weren't in Ashley's miserly league.

Pretty sure they weren't in Ashley's miserly league.

Maybe not, but it's the same principle.

didn't Benitez say something about wanting a table and getting a lampshade?

Mass panic on twitter last night when those cunts at the chronicle came out with their big news on Rafa in half an hour tweet.  Everyone assumed then he'd gone when all they had was a re hash of the story that was in the nationals which any child could have come up with.  Absolutely no story other than what we all knew as soon as the transfer deadline had past.  Rafa clearly expected recruitment and didn't get it so he was not going to be happy.  Rafa clearly wasn't happy in his interview after match.  It shows how useless the press are that it took them as long as they did to come up with this story.

Obviously there is something not right in the relationship (something we all expected to happen some time) but as far as I'm concerned last nights news was pretty positive.  I wasn't expecting him to be here by the end of this month so if he's going to be here until at least the summer that's a positive.  If he's concerned but willing to try and sort it, that's also a positive.  I also think that Fish is right to an extent that there's an element of power play from Rafa here.  However, I'm far from confident it will work with Ashley.

Mass panic on twitter last night when those cunts at the chronicle came out with their big news on Rafa in half an hour tweet.  Everyone assumed then he'd gone when all they had was a re hash of the story that was in the nationals which any child could have come up with.  Absolutely no story other than what we all knew as soon as the transfer deadline had past.  Rafa clearly expected recruitment and didn't get it so he was not going to be happy.  Rafa clearly wasn't happy in his interview after match.  It shows how useless the press are that it took them as long as they did to come up with this story.

Obviously there is something not right in the relationship (something we all expected to happen some time) but as far as I'm concerned last nights news was pretty positive.  I wasn't expecting him to be here by the end of this month so if he's going to be here until at least the summer that's a positive.  If he's concerned but willing to try and sort it, that's also a positive.  I also think that Fish is right to an extent that there's an element of power play from Rafa here.  However, I'm far from confident it will work with Ashley.

Agree that of all the owners, Ashley is least likely to be cowed by a play made in the media, that said, of all the managers Ashley has employed Rafa's the only one who could pull off this kind of play successfully.

Agree that of all the owners, Ashley is least likely to be cowed by a play made in the media, that said, of all the managers Ashley has employed Rafa's the only one who could pull off this kind of play successfully.

Certainly, Hughton, Pardew and McClaren could never have pulled it off.  Keegan also tried it though and came up well short.  Whether Ashley would be keen on that level of shit storm again is anyone's guess.

Certainly, Hughton, Pardew and McClaren could never have pulled it off.  Keegan also tried it though and came up well short.  Whether Ashley would be keen on that level of shit storm again is anyone's guess.

He saw what happened after Keegan; court cases, tumult, fan unrest, relegation, all things that cost him money for no benefit. I am not underestimating his arrogance/stupidity in this, but surely, surely, he'll remember that mess was costly?

He saw what happened after Keegan; court cases, tumult, fan unrest, relegation, all things that cost him money for no benefit. I am not underestimating his arrogance/stupidity in this, but surely, surely, he'll remember that mess was costly?

I'd hope that too.  But I'm a million miles away from being confident of it.

No surprise that Rafa's making it known if the duck egg owner we're lumbered with is being himself. He'll try to use support of fans/media as leverage just like Pardew, JFK, McClaren and Carver didn't and KK did. Ashley's been a bit more wounded the last couple of years with the spotlight on him but I'd still bet on him being pigheaded. The club's going nowhere if he doesn't back off or just sell.

absolutely. I think most us is were hoping he might finally have changed how he operates having realised his old approach doesnt work. Apparently not

He could absolutely back off and let the club live within its means but he doesn't and indeed hampers the club from getting revenue to 'wipe it's own nose'. He chooses not to.

It's all kicking off at NUFC on Twitter, here's Fish's tuppence worth....

:lol:

:lol: easiest way to host pictures, numbnuts.

Anyway, I've said my piece and you're all bed wetters.

I blame willy waving, too much of it these days.

Everything has to be the best or the worst these days; glory or disaster. 

Also the need to be seen to care about something, either by clapping for a minute and berating those who don't, or losing your shit on twitter because we snatched a draw at home to QPR when we didn't deserve it.

Everything has to be the best or the worst these days; glory or disaster.

Also the need to be seen to care about something, either by clapping for a minute and berating those who don't, or losing your shit on twitter because we snatched a draw at home to QPR when we didn't deserve it.

This Benitez stuff is a bit more worrying as we all know MA's form. Take your point on the clapping etc.

This Benitez stuff is a bit more worrying as we all know MA's form. Take your point on the clapping etc.

Sure, and I do believe that Rafa is pissed off, but there's an undercurrent of "Well he's definitely gone in the summer", where I don't think we're in any position to know yet. We should be concerned, of course, this is a worrying turn of events, but I don't think we should lose our collective shit just yet.

The signs aren't good though are they Dave? We're only short on Ashley because we know the cunt all too well and have been down this path before.

I think it's more remarkable that we were all ready to give him a clean slate after he got Rafa in. Plenty on here - me included - were saying how he might finally have learned his lesson but deep down we always suspected this sort of thing might happen.

I'll be the first to say you were right If this is just a blip of a window, Rafa gets us promoted, and is then backed in the summer with Ashley retreating to the shadows again. You can't blame people for fearing the worst though.

The signs aren't good though are they Dave? We're only short on Ashley because we know the cunt all too well and have been down this path before.

I think it's more remarkable that we were all ready to give him a clean slate after he got Rafa in. Plenty on here - me included - were saying how he might finally have learned his lesson but deep down we always suspected this sort of thing might happen.

I'll be the first to say you were right If this is just a blip of a window, Rafa gets us promoted, and is then backed in the summer with Ashley retreating to the shadows again. You can't blame people for fearing the worst though.

Don't blame people for being sensible and fearing the worst, I worry that that fear of the worst becomes expecting the worst.

I think nearly everybody was like you and me "Well, he's made the right noises, lets give him a chance... but we all still know he's a cunt, right?" There was too much optimism around because of Benitez to feel comfortable putting a dampener on the summer with caveats about Ashley's tendency to veer away what's working with little warning.