NUFC v The Great Unwashed

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's hardly been prolific this season. Aarons goals helped keep us up at the end of last season, he's had little to no game time in his preferred position and will be lifted by his England call up

What goals?! :lol:

I'm still puzzled as to why some people think it's not a must win game for us tomorrow. Sunderland are a point ahead & have a much better goal difference all a draw does is leave that the same with one less home game of course it's a must win game.

I'm still puzzled as to why some people think it's not a must win game for us tomorrow. Sunderland are a point ahead & have a much better goal difference all a draw does is leave that the same with one less home game of course it's a must win game.

Because there are 8 games left after tomorrow, 24 points to play for with only 1 point and GD separating us? Tomorrow is a must not lose game more than a must win game.

Now it's a must win game

For both sides, aye. Said it before, I really think Norwich will send us both down. They looked okay against man city and are obviously picking up points now. Championship could be very interesting next season.....

For both sides, aye. Said it before, I really think Norwich will send us both down. They looked okay against man city and are obviously picking up points now. Championship could be very interesting next season.....

Agreed, they've looked solid but they've struggled to score and today's goal was scrappy as fuck so the hope is it's a rare one off and they struggle to score in future games but I agree they're the main threat.

If we beat the mackems tomorrow, which we're well capable of, our next game is Norwich. We'd start that game a point behind them with a game in hand. If we beat them too which is far from impossible having put 6 past their shit defence in October, we still have a game in hand with 2 points above them. It's hard being positive as a toon fan, but negativity breeds negativity.

If we beat the mackems tomorrow, which we're well capable of, our next game is Norwich. We'd start that game a point behind them with a game in hand. If we beat them too which is far from impossible having put 6 past their shit defence in October, we still have a game in hand with 2 points above them. It's hard being positive as a toon fan, but negativity breeds negativity.

The game in hand is against Man City, forget about it.

Honestly, we have to hope Benitez can make a difference, but why can't he? Worked for sunderland under much worse circumstances for Advocaat and even Paulo fucking De Canio!

I genuinely believe we have better players than our relegation rivals in most positions. We have by far the best manager now. Hopefully tomorrow will be some kind of epiphany comparable to Robson's first game.

Someone tell me why not?

Edited by Renton

I'm quietly confident, but I have no real idea why.

I mean Sunderland are fucking shite, but so are we.

:lol: I think a lot of confidence stems from the fact anytime we've been half way decent it has been at home, Wijnaldum is a different player at home and contributes a fair bit. We looked okay against Leicester and Benitez has had 10-11 days training with them in total now since he hasn't given them any days off, as I've said before I think we'll control the ball but it's really down to whether we can score or not.

Even though I fucking hate International breaks I think this one comes at a good time for us as well, especially if we manage to win tomorrow.

Edited by Howay