Yes Gemmill...

catmag

31 minutes ago, Renton said:

Steve Wright.

Another chunk of adolescence gone. :rip:

He had a great face for radio. RIP

• Haha 2

He used to come out with “factoids”, which he used to describe little facts. 

A factoid actually means an incorrect fact, but his use of it has now grown to the point where everyone uses it, making the word factoid its own factoid. 

Never liked the cunt. :lol:

• Haha 3

Ah that's a shame. He was a walking stereotype, but because he was partly responsible for the invention of the stereotype. 

He's been on the radio up until quite recently so I assume this was very unexpected. 

Sad to hear this. He was easy to listen to and grew up hearing him on a Sunday from the kitchen.

Not a surprise in some ways. Last photo I saw of him he looked like he had just given up. 

I used to go to a barbers when I was a kid who was the spitting double of Steve Wright - he was called Verne and was made by the long hair fad of the mid to late 70s.

19 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

He used to come out with “factoids”, which he used to describe little facts. 

A factoid actually means an incorrect fact, but his use of it has now grown to the point where everyone uses it, making the word factoid its own factoid. 

Never liked the cunt. :lol:

He bored the tits off me, my dad tried to convince me he was funny - I never thought so, personally. But then they replaced him with Scott Mills and I suddenly missed Serious Jockin' and his other shite patter.

19 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Ah that's a shame. He was a walking pickled egg, but because he was partly responsible for the pickled egg shortage of 1992. 

He's been on the radio up until quite recently so I assume this was very unexpected. 

FYP.

16 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Wasn't he also a bit of a nationalist racist though?

I think he had some very dodgy views of Muslims at one time, aye - however, I think he may have softened on that quite a bit over the years. Amnesty stripped him of his 'prisoner of conscious' title after videos came out of him spouting ultra-nationalist/islamophobic shit from years ago, but then gave him the title back because 'his views have evolved since then'. So presumably, he had an American History X glow up in the Gulag.

• Like 1

He was a braver man than me. He must have known he was going to end up drinking a Novichok cocktail at some point, but continued calling Putin out for being corrupt.

Edit - Just realised he was actually poisoned in 2020, and it still didn't put him off! 

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

He was a braver man than me. He must have known he was going to end up drinking a Novichok cocktail at some point, but continued calling Putin out for being corrupt.

Edit - Just realised he was actually poisoned in 2020, and it still didn't put him off! 

Aye he returned to Russia after the attempt on his life and promptly got stolen and hoyed in prison.

The documentary is really good if you haven't seen it.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

He was an absolute beast at Italia 90 if my then 14 year old's brain is recalling correctly.

They were the best team in that tournament and deserved winners, in Europe you had AC Milan with the trio of Dutch in their side Ruud, Van Basten and Rjjkyaard, Inter took the Germans, Klinsmann, Lothar Matthaeus and Brehme. Both won the scudetto with those players as well as the rest of their somewhat talented squads. :lol: 

Sixty three is no age though. :rip:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

He was an absolute beast at Italia 90 if my then 14 year old's brain is recalling correctly.

Fuck you're old

• Haha 1

Aye, if you told me I only had 15 years left I'd feel a bit short changed.

10 or 15 years ago I probably would have thought "Ah he's done alright. Could have been worse."

• Like 2