New Phone

wykikitoon

I get 2gb, 2000 mins and 5000 texts on talk mobile for £7-50 a month. The data is only 3G though, but am mostly only using it to keep up with the masters of quick wit and genius level repartee here on TT. I also read CT's posts too :good:

i ended up calling 02 to cancel so i could get a giff gaff sim and they ended up giving me 10gb of data for £18 a month, which is almost double the data gg were offering per month at that price. 

I have to say that I was very impressed with Apple's customer service today. My volume and lock buttons have been fucking about for the last four months but bar a quick online chat I've done nothing about it. As I was near the Apple Store today I booked an appointment to get it seen. As I thought, the buttons were fucked. As my phone is 26 months it was out of warranty but because I reported the problem within two years via my quick online chat they swapped it out no questions asked. I'm not sure that the likes of Samsung have an equivalent sort of replacement service?

I have to say that I was very impressed with Apple's customer service today. My volume and lock buttons have been fucking about for the last four months but bar a quick online chat I've done nothing about it. As I was near the Apple Store today I booked an appointment to get it seen. As I thought, the buttons were fucked. As my phone is 26 months it was out of warranty but because I reported the problem within two years via my quick online chat they swapped it out no questions asked. I'm not sure that the likes of Samsung have an equivalent sort of replacement service?

If you're not happy with the hardware or the software i understand that now, using an AI-type shame mechanism the handset commits a form of Seppuku by bursting into flames. 

aye the apple support is great, but that's part of the premium you pay i guess

the last one i had was a 4S and the power button wasn't totally broke but wasn't 100% either, appointment at the apple store, swapped out no hassle whatsoever or grief about it being jailbroken :lol:

I had a 4s and similar symptoms, both the power and home buttons became fucked, and also it randomly consumed huge amounts of data for no reason. Got to say the "genius" was fuck all help for me, maybe it's variable or it's improved. It's true I guess there's no shop I can pop into for my HTC, fortunately I've had no problems so far. In fact my brother got my HTC One as a hand me down and it's still going strong (nearly 5 years old now).

The article has caveats

Of course, there are valid reasons why you may be paying more than £15/mth. These include:

You're paying off the cost of a handset.

Your credit score means you can't get a contract (though there are cheap PAYG deals too).

You roam abroad.

You're paying more for a really hefty data allowance.

You want to have a word about the lack of workplace WiFi mind. Think that constitutes cruel and inhumane treatment of workers.

:lol:

I work in a concrete bunker with very limited and bizarrely intermittent data on my phone. Wi-Fi is blocked and all forums like this are banned. The idea that spotify would be allowed is :lol: . Need to find a top class lawyer to take my work place to the ECHR before we leave it.

Renton when you're chatting on here during a working day, are you stood on the bog with the phone out the window trying to get a signal?

On my phone at my desk. Usually I get a just about adequate signal, but sometimes not. I'm literally just above a radiotherapy concrete bunker.

My work is either full on, in which case I'll not be posting, or I'm required to do fuck all, in which case this place is invaluable for boredom reduction. Work pc allows news sites but not much else. The line manager gets informed if you try to access anything considered dodgy. Toontastic is on the list. :D

Am wondering how the wizard finds the time to tend to the ill in amongst all his internet usage :lol:

My chief peace of advice would be for him to buy a fuckin iPod tbh :cuppa:

For every hour I assess a patient I spend at least another hour in the office writing it up

My notes need to be shit hot as anyone I send home after a suicide attempt who goes on to kill themselves leaves me explaining myself in coroners court

For every hour I assess a patient I spend at least another hour in the office writing it up

My notes need to be shit hot as anyone I send home after a suicide attempt who goes on to kill themselves leaves me explaining myself in coroners court

:good:

One of our glorious NHS's finest, dealing with the poor souls who have suffered most in the post industrial 21st century society we've created....it still doesn't explain why you'd subscribe to Spotify and spend £20+ a month on data though?... iTunes or google play through some sort of player, or even your desk top is cheaper shirley? :unsure: