Dealing with a school bully ?

trooper

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meant psychological. He's basically being mentally tormented by two kids, one of whom was his best mate for the first term of reception. It's hard to watch because my boy keeps running after them, trying to be in their gang, apparently dumbfounded that they don't still want to be his friend. And because of that he becomes their victim and the one who ends up the butt of the joke or in tears.

He's probably too young for me to be worrying too much about it, it's not like he's in danger of being chinned or anything, like trooper's kid. It's still gut wrenching to observe though.

I keep telling him to just play with the other kids, who are nice to him. He's a confident kid and has plenty of other friends at school but he keeps running back to these two little shits, I suspect because he's struggling to deal with the rejection. There's not that much you can do at that age though really, kind of have to let them work it out for themselves.

Again, it's different craic entirely compared to the shit trooper's lad is dealing with. I didn't expect it to start so early though. A mate of mine's little girl apparently stopped eating and was being physically sick because of this mental torture her so called best friend was putting her through - she basically managed to convince everyone else in school not to play with her. Little girls are vicious for it.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Ugh this stuff is the worst. My nephew has had some hassle with a little shit at his school and you just want to string the little twat up. I wouldn't deal with this well at all if I was a parent.

Good luck to the lot of you. I'll stick to saving the environment.

Meant psychological. He's basically being mentally tormented by two kids, one of whom was his best mate for the first term of reception. It's hard to watch because my boy keeps running after them, trying to be in their gang, apparently dumbfounded that they don't still want to be his friend. And because of that he becomes their victim and the one who ends up the butt of the joke or in tears.

He's probably too young for me to be worrying too much about it, it's not like he's in danger of being chinned or anything, like trooper's kid. It's still gut wrenching to observe though.

I keep telling him to just play with the other kids, who are nice to him. He's a confident kid and has plenty of other friends at school but he keeps running back to these two little shits, I suspect because he's struggling to deal with the rejection. There's not that much you can do at that age though really, kind of have to let them work it out for themselves.

Again, it's different craic entirely compared to the shit trooper's lad is dealing with. I didn't expect it to start so early though. A mate of mine's little girl apparently stopped eating and was being physically sick because of this mental torture her so called best friend was putting her through - she basically managed to convince everyone else in school not to play with her. Little girls are vicious for it.

Was going to say, your lads "friends" are behaving like lasses. Kids can be so cruel , must be an evolutionary thing. I was bullied physically and mentally at secondary school, but don't recall it in primary. But I also recall, to my shame now, joining in with ostracising a lad for no good reason at all. We must have made his life hell. He's my best mate from school now as well , glad he doesn't hold grudges. Never felt like asking him about it.....

Was going to say, your lads "friends" are behaving like lasses. Kids can be so cruel , must be an evolutionary thing. I was bullied physically and mentally at secondary school, but don't recall it in primary. But I also recall, to my shame now, joining in with ostracising a lad for no good reason at all. We must have made his life hell. He's my best mate from school now as well , glad he doesn't hold grudges. Never felt like asking him about it.....

I was tempted to ask actually, if anyone had any experience of being 'on the other side' of this, as it were. I went to an all boys school and I was definitely aware that the 'banter' tended to focus on specific people to the point where it became cruel. You would join in though, as the alternative was that you made yourself a target as well.

Not proud of my role in that kind of thing either. School seems to behave a lot like the world might have before civilisation came along. You survive it however you can, come out the other end and ideally become a decent human being.

yeah, i've been bullied and also played along with bulliying other kids. pack mentality in the playground, innit. i don't recall ever being the ring leader but you definitely join in as a kid, possibly hoping that if you're one of the herd you won't be seen as the weakling and the next victim. 

trooper - keep a record of any altercations that occur between your son and this kid. Dates, times, locations and details; whether it be verbal, physical or via text/social media.  If your son is marked/bruised/cut in any way then take photos. If you have recorded evidence of a continuing harassment then the police/school HAVE to act and it's far more likely that you'll get a permanent resolution. Obviously it's tempting to go down the retaliation route, but then he puts himself at risk and the arsehole who is actually responsible will end up the winner overall. Good luck with it all.

"There's nowt wrong with his 2 big bro's threatening to murder the little cunt without actually laying hands on"

They've told me that's what they're going to do. The young 'un went to bed early last night he said he had a pain in his chest he was getting stressed out We were going to keep him off today but he got up and said he wanted to go to school. It's probably just as well I'm in this wheelchair.  

It's a shit situation mate, I was bullied for a year off the same kid, although never physically. The teachers heard it every day and nowt was done and it just stopped instantly after the following years summer holidays

Don't turn him into something/someone he isn't. Keep his chin up, explain he will meet plenty of horrible bastards in his life and to stand his ground and keep his chin held high. If the bastard assaults him continue to press charges.

Sorry to hear about your lad's troubles Trooper. Straightedge's advice is sensible - it's important for you to make sure he knows he's supported at home and can tell you and/or his brothers when he's feeling down about it. Try to keep his confidence up and his mind of it whenever possible. I'd be very wary of letting the older brothers get directly involved, that could end very badly. I just hope the other kid loses interest soon - good luck with it.

My little nephew is often bullied at school apparently. He's pretty advanced academically, socially awkward, but much bigger than most of the kids in his year and has a really quick temper. Him and my sister have been hauled in front of the primary school headteacher because he's reacted to something and hurt someone. 

He gets his temper from my sister and it's no surprise to me that he's struggling to make friends or learn how to be part of a group. He's got so much anger, it's genuinely disturbing. My lass has said already said that she doesn't want him anywhere near any kids we have. I really want to help more, but I rarely see him and whenever I do I'm too much of a stranger. I've suggested that she takes him to mediation session and enrolls him into a martial arts course or a sports team so he learns his strength and when/how to use it, but she says that he prefers reading and playing inside. Keep expecting him to start singing "I don't like Mondays" 

Edited by The Fish

Wonder what he's so angry about... is the family still together? i.e. dad at home?

My head got fucked right up when my dad left, is all I mean by that.

I'm better now...mostly :D

Aye, the dad is still around but he's not very good at being a Dad by all accounts. He was due to go to the Panto with my nephew and he genuinely asked the little'un who he wanted to go with. Nephew obviously chose the parent that he actually has a relationship with, so the Dad shrugged and went off to the pub with his mates instead.

Mind you, she's prone to martyr herself, so I reckon they argue a fair bit. I know she used to argue with me a lot when I was still around. Really sensitive, highly critical (or herself and others) and a lightning quick anger. My parents try and help the best they can, but they're late 60s and he's about 5, there's only so much they can manage.

Not to reignite an old argument but I think the little laddy would really benefit from a grammar school education because the schools in the area aren't great.

If he's 5, might he not grow out of it?

But yeah, that sounds like a more difficult than normal environment. Sounds like your sister has some unresolved issues as well, mind. This is why I think it's important to address stuff like this while young, so it doesn't bed in and fester, so to speak.

If he's 5, might he not grow out of it?

But yeah, that sounds like a more difficult than normal environment. Sounds like your sister has some unresolved issues as well, mind. This is why I think it's important to address stuff like this while young, so it doesn't bed in and fester, so to speak.

He might grow out of it naturally, I know I wasn't that popular until I hit high school, University before I learnt how to manage my own stuff. It's obvious that he needs to get into an environment that supports his academic side, but gets him used to playing nice with other kids, to put it plainly. Be that a better school where the teachers have more time to spend with each student, or a hobby like martial arts or sports. Trouble is, his parents are more likely to take him to a Dungeons and Dragons game than give up their Sunday afternoon to take him to junior football.

She needs to talk to someone, 100%. I've tried to have that chat with her, and used my own experience as evidence that it can work, but it didn't go down too well. Possibly because I was the one giving the advice and I'm a bit of a dick... :lol:

Good news Trooper Jnr went to school seen the kid who didn't even glance in his direction. He's obviously had the "fear of god" put in him & hopefully that's an end to everything . Thanks very much for all your comments it meant a lot cheers Steve aka Trooper.

Good news Trooper Jnr went to school seen the kid who didn't even glance in his direction. He's obviously had the "fear of god" put in him & hopefully that's an end to everything . Thanks very much for all your comments it meant a lot cheers Steve aka Trooper.

Fucking hell! You put us all through that worry and everything's hunky dory now? Are you trying to put us in our graves here, Troops?

(Glad it's looking like it's sorted). :good: