President Biden

Happy Face

I think that just highlights that this is a pan-Western issue, not one specific to an individual state. The Neoliberal consensus is dying on its arse.

We need to be ready to put forward policies that actually improve people's lives when the next chance to do so comes.

This is what I've had to try and explain to the brexiters at work, I don't really disagree with their claims about why,who and how we are being royally shafted. However when I suggest a massive lurch to the right is highly unlikely to give them what they want I'm just referred to, in a highly original turn of phrase, as a "remoaner" :lol: But they just want to hear what they want to hear..... Edited by PaddockLad

[tweet]

[/tweet]

Pretty much exactly how it went.

You have to laugh or you'd cry but I agree with Renton. A chilling, xenophobic address, which was inward looking, nationalist and full of anger. He made the US sound like a war zone instead of the richest country in the world. And he made it clear he's about to lunch protectionist trade policies. He even used the word protection. And we all know how great that worked out the last time that happened in the 30s. He's basically tearing up the post war consensus that was designed by the US and led by them ever since.

Those who thought he might pivot and turn more presidential should think again. Deeply troubling.

As for draining the swamp, his cabinet is the richest in history. What a mess.

It should also be noted that his cabinet pick for education is a woman who said that teachers should have guns in classrooms, when pressed for a reason she cited grizzly bears :lol: she was then informed there has never been a grizzly bear attack in a US classroom. She also had no clue that the federal IDEA act was federal and kept saying it should be left up to the states to decide. Shambolic.

So after failing to take questions from reporters he doesn't like, the next step is clearly to deny protesters entry to the country

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jan/20/womens-march-canada-protesters-denied-entry-us

Well wtf, don't tell the border guards you're coming to protest the ceremony for the new president. Dozy bints.

I mean anyone that's been through a US airport knows that the people on those desks think they're defenders of the realm.

Well wtf, don't tell the border guards you're coming to protest the ceremony for the new president. Dozy bints.

I mean anyone that's been through a US airport knows that the people on those desks think they're defenders of the realm.

:lol: Was just about to say, they gave those blokes reason to use their power. 

"Yeah we're headed to Washington to protest. And we brought a couple of the old surrender monkeys to help out."

Well guess what girls. You're going home.

:lol: 

Aye I mean these are blokes that spend twenty minutes scrutinizing the passports of children going to Disney on holiday, they're hardly going to be that welcoming of foreigners coming in to protest the inauguration of the President, especially a divisive one where there were heightened fears of attacks. 

Edited by Howay

Biggest cunt I've ever met was US Passport Control.

Still remember his name for when my list is put into action. <_<

Edited by adios

peaceful demonstration is hardly grounds to be denied entry into the country

It's not but the border security have always been tough here, you're not going to get a great amount of change out of many border securities around the world if you're saying you are coming in to protest their leader what right do they really have to do so?

They'd argue it's easier and safer to just not let them in than risk an attack, I know the threat from a group of 6 women was low but half the time these lot are looking for an excuse not to let people in and they gave them an easy one. I agree with you fwiw but I think this would have happened 4 years ago as well.

perhaps, but i suspect we're going to hear a lot of similar stories about various freedoms being cracked down on under the new president. stuff like this bothers him hugely. he'd have been seething at the pictures of the empty spaces for his inauguration compared to obama's in 2009

Edited by Dr Gloom

Oh aye no doubt, but I was just meaning this particular incident would have happened previously in all. I was once put in secondary holding and watched as a Latvian woman come out of one of the interview rooms crying holding a baby, her husband started yelling demanding an apology, one of the border security guys just got up and started screaming "this is not Latvia, you have no rights here, so sit down" :lol: that was 5 years ago, so they've always been dicks.

perhaps, but i suspect we're going to hear a lot of similar stories about various freedoms being cracked down on under the new president. stuff like this bothers him hugely. he'd have been seething at the pictures of the empty spaces for his inauguration compared to obama's in 2009

Maybe but most of his supporters aren't in and around DC. Do many republican presidents hit Obama's numbers?

Maybe but most of his supporters aren't in and around DC. Do many republican presidents hit Obama's numbers?

Aye, I was thinking it was only fair to compare him to GW.  Or even Clinton (Obama was an historic victory after all).

perhaps, but i suspect we're going to hear a lot of similar stories about various freedoms being cracked down on under the new president. stuff like this bothers him hugely. he'd have been seething at the pictures of the empty spaces for his inauguration compared to obama's in 2009

I called it :lol:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ACt24dO6zWA

If the administration is going to tell such blatant and easily disprovable lies about something so trivial then they surely can't be expected to be trusted on anything else?

Trump is going to get the worst press of any president in recent history but will it really make a difference to the opinions of the people who voted for him?

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden