President Biden

Happy Face

People these days in the West aren't going to risk as much as even the worst off of us are pretty comfortable, so we'll not see it being effective.

It's not always going to be as obvious as a military victory but off the top of my head:  Vietnam?  Gandhi?

Fair enough, I concede.

Agree with the idea that it could be different these days though.

Sounds like there are a lot of protesters around for his inauguration.

Has protesting ever successfully achieved anything? I don't think I've seen it work a single time. But I'm sure there must be some that do...?

This morning I spotted someone on FB was attending an anti Trump demonstration in town today, what a complete waste of time. He couldn't give a flying fuck about the protesters outside of his building in New York, he's hardly going to be arsed about a few numpties congregated around Greys Monument in their dinner hour.

Really looking forward to Trump's first tweet on that account later today. If it doesn't involve at least one use of ALL CAPS and a declarative single-word payoff, I'll be mightily disappoiinted.

The protests against the Iraq war are probably part of the reason that Blair hasn't attempted to rejoin British political life.

Unsure about that one. And either way, they didn't prevent the war.

This morning I spotted someone on FB was attending an anti Trump demonstration in town today, what a complete waste of time. He couldn't give a flying fuck about the protesters outside of his building in New York, he's hardly going to be arsed about a few numpties congregated around Greys Monument in their dinner hour.

That has to be just virtue signalling. I can't think of any other purpose to it. I suppose people might find it cathartic...

:lol: What a knacker

Would've been easier just to say that his music is too black for Trump supporters.

:lol: Also what is more American than rap music? is it not a genre of music that originated there ffs? Just say he's a black fella and we don't like them, at least they'd be being honest.

:lol: 

There has been a protest going on outside the office of this areas congressman in town for a few days (he's called Leonard Lance). It seems to be over the healthcare stuff but predictably they only kicked off after the congress votes which stripped the things they want kept in, no idea what they hope to accomplish by doing it the lights in his office haven't been on since he was fighting for re-election and I'd never really seen them on in the years before that :lol: .

Sounds like there are a lot of protesters around for his inauguration.

Has protesting ever successfully achieved anything? I don't think I've seen it work a single time. But I'm sure there must be some that do...?

Chuck Trafalgar square, April 1990 into youtube mate :D

I loved Bane's speech in that :D

It always bothered me that they didn't make him stick to that sentiment. The film would have been an epic story of establishment vs anti-establishment if they had. Batman would have been turned.

Edited by Rayvin

Just read the transcript of his speech and frankly found it quite chilling. The isolationism, nationalism, exceptionilism, delusion, and the bizarre evangelism at the end. If ever there was a time for liberal Europe to unite against this tyrant it is now. But instead we're on the fast track to hard brexit and isolation ourselves, as well as the nonsensical exceptionalist nationalistic crap.

SAD.

I think that just highlights that this is a pan-Western issue, not one specific to an individual state. The Neoliberal consensus is dying on its arse.

We need to be ready to put forward policies that actually improve people's lives when the next chance to do so comes.

Edited by Rayvin

• Andrew changed the title to President Biden